Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

i got my surgery date..AGAIN,AND AGAIN,AND AGAIN

hi all...first of all,i wanted to tell you all im sorry..im sorry i havent been much support for anyone on this site for weeks..im sorry that i have worried you all,and im sorry that all i do when i do post is complain...this whole set back in my recovery is something i totally never ever thought would happen,and it just stinks...they called me yesterday...my surgery is monday at 845...well,i have to be there at 845,and surgery will be at 1045.....ive requested to go home after,and the surgeon said as long as he doesnt see any suprises,that should be ok...when he examened the inside of my incision into my stomach,he thought i had a bowel loop???after looking at my ct scan pictures,he said i didnt have one...good thing cause i dont even know what that means..lol..they are going to debride it again,then,the top part of my tummy,like by the belly button but just a tad lower and to the right,they are cutting a rather large hole..he will be cutting my muscle,skin all that to make this large hole..he said that way,ben can look straight into my stomach,and see the tunneling section,and be able to pack it better..ouch i say...i also think,this man better send me home with some heavy duty extra stregnth pain killers!i sooo was hoping after this surgery they would be able to close me,but the surgeon said no way..he said my open incision is a breeding ground for more infection,and if he closes me up,it will be much worse than it is now....anyway..sorry ive written a book,just wanted to fill you all in...how are all of you doing??ok i hope.....sonie
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Oh Mary I could just sit down and bawl for you kid. AT LEAST though there is a bright side, in that this previously undetected defect was found! That is a good thing to hang on to.  Poor baby though, and poor Mom and Pop!

Sonie, a little gross story for you, my son (23 at the time) had a weird thing called a pilonidal sinus,  google it, one scary thing!  It means nest of hair, it's a kind of abcess thing caused by ingrown hair usually in young guys and it's on the ahem backside.  What the H**l is the point of this story you are wondering??? Well, when he had it removed, they slice it all open because they grow deep into the tissues and they leave a huge gaping open wound that requires packing.  It's unbelievable, but they have found that if they close it up, it's like yours, it just festers and tunnels in there.  Anyway, they do gradually heal, VERY SLOWLY, kind of from the inside out, but Holy Dinah they look scary right after the surgery (I can imagine yours will too). I am afraid yours will be painful too I am so sorry to say Kiddo.  I had never heard of anything like this, but all you moms with young guys, keep an eye out for it, it is not that rare and if not detected and allowed to grow under the skin for a long time can really be dangerous...just looks like kind of a boil that never heals..weird eh....

Jeeez they never tell us about all these things in Health class, do they?  Take care you guys....
Love, Katie

Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Good to hear from you!  Don't worry about it, that is what we are here for, to listen and help!  Girl, you are one of the stongest women I know!  Go ahead and vent, it is good for you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Oh, Sonie, I am so glad that you did stop by to post.  When I don't see anything for so long, I start to worry!  And, by the way,  you are the one in need of support, silly!  

I hope this surgeon knows what he is doing, and from what I learned from treating horses and cats, he is right...closing you all up would not be a good thing.  If I recall this term correctly, then a bowel loop is caused when a fistula forms between two segments of the intestines.  What fun, eh?!  I am glad it does not appear that you have one!  But, even if you did, it can be corrected.  Like the rest of this, but it is really going to take time to heal.
Helpful - 0
121033 tn?1202886794
You!  Complain???!!! Good God girl, you gave me the impression of being one very stoic woman. Strong and giving!Good luck for Monday Sonie! I hope everything goes really well this time with absolutely no complications later on!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.