Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Made it to the RS!!!

Hi Ladies.  Just wanted to let you know I am home.  DR. wanted to keep me one more night, but I begged him for my own bed tonight :)  Surgery was bigger than expected.  Went in scheduled for LAVH and possibly one ovary and tube removal.  When DR got inside everything was a mess.  Stage 4 endo with my ovaries and tubes stuck to the back of my uterus and colon.  Took out a chocolate cyst and managed to keep one tube and ovary to try to spare me from surgical menopause.  Put something around remaining ovary (can't remember what it is called)to keep it from adhering to other organs.  Hopefully that will do the trick for now.  Everything went off to pathology, but DR is not expecting "bad" news, so things look good.  I have a bigger recovery than I was hoping for, but I'll take it.  I am relieved that the scary part is over.  Now I am going to enjoy my meds for a few days :)  I am looking forward to seeing all the other posts from my surgery sisters this week.  I hope it is good news across the board!!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I made it to the RS side as well this week.  Let me tell you--the meds have really helped me relax and get some well needed rest after stressing for so long.  My doctor did not find any cancer, but a lot of endometriosis.  Sounds like I am going to be in for another surgery down the road.  The endo was affecting my colon, as well.  Just glad to be home.  My bed never felt sooo good.  Take care and best wishes on your recivery.
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sounds like you did have quite a mess in there, but glad to hear all went well!  I bet your bed feels especially sweet tonight!

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
Eeeek you were a mess eh!  You are going to feel great in a few weeks! I am so happy for you that you got to keep an ovary yaaaaaay!  Enjoy your time in lala land, take it easy,
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
132752 tn?1273342273
Congrats and God bless!
peace,
Anne
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.