Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

PLEASE HELP WITH ULTRA SOUND RESULTS RESULTS

I am 54 had postmenopausal bleeding.Pap normal, bisopy normal. now for the ultra sound. Uterus has inhomogeneous echotexture. Endometrial stripe measure about 0.9cm Relatively thick for post-
menopausal stage.Two fibroids in uterus left side one  1.7x2.4x 1.4 cm 2nd one 3.1 x 3.3 x 3.0 cm uterus size appox 7.7x 4.3 x 4.0 cm. No sign of fluid in cul de sac. Right ovary size 3.3 x 2.4 x 3.1 cm. There is a septated cyst within right ovary.Size 2.8 x 2.2 x 2.6 cm Left ovary could not be seen in study.
My doctor said he wants to check cyst again in 3 months.He didn't seem concerned.I have light cramping,gas,and back pain is this why? Should I be getting another opinion? Whats up with the thick lining.I have had bladder problems for years already is this why? Should my doctor be doing more than he is? I had a really hard time going through menopause hot flashes, night sweats,depression, couldn't sleep, anixety and now this.
Thanks in advance for any help given
Linda
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would say your cramping is due the fibroids.  Imagine like periods when you have cramping.  Same idea only its constant because you are not shedding the fibroids.  The fact that your left ovary cannot be seen is normal.  Bowel could hiding it or it could shrunk where you are menopausal.  I would follow up on it.  I wish you luck!
Helpful - 0
I definately would not wait.....I have never believed in waiting when it comes to health......certainly after being diagnosed with cancer I firmly believe in finding out what is wrong and dealing with it immediately.
In your situation, I would make an appointment with a gyn/oncologist .....get his or her opinion and go from there.
I say this over and over but I mean it...YOU HAVE ONLY ONE CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!
Having the right surgeon is hugely important in your overall prognosis.
Don't wait....find out what is wrong now and deal with it now.
Peace be with you.
dian
Helpful - 0
I am going to be 54 next week and just had both ovaries removed with a cyst and a small tumor.  They were small than yours.  My suggestion is not to wait and watch. Get a second opinion and don't take any chances.  You don't need your ovaries or take any chance of  having cancer. The responses and support you will get from this forum will be most helpful.  You will get alot of support.  kathy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.