Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Less than 24hrs to go,

I am having one of my (frequent) tearful moments now, & thought I would write.  My surgery is now less than 24 hours away, I have to start the whole prep thing this afternoon.  I was feeling pretty good until today, and now I am an emotional wreck. I think sometimes being a nurse is not any help!!!  I am not afraid of the surgery itself, only fearful of what they find. I know I can't change anything, and will have to deal with whatever the outcome.  It does'nt stop the tears though. Thanks for listening, Shari
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am still praying for you.  I know you are anxious tonight, but it will all be over tomorrow.  I am saying a "special" prayer for you tonight.  Please do not be scared...I know you can do this! If I made it...I know you can too. I can't wait to hear from you on the Recovery Side.  By the way, it is very peaceful side..so relax you will be there soon.
Helpful - 0
I have been dosing in and out this afternooon on my pain meds, but wanted to jump on and let you know I am thinking of you.  By this time tomorrow, it will be past you. Please do not be scared. I am praying for you because you need the strength and peace that I was blessed with on Tuesday of this week.God will be with you...we'll see you on the recovery side!!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I know just what you are going through.  I tried to take my mind off things and got myself a manicure and pedicure.  Call your best friend, do something that is just for you and "try" to take your mind off of things.  You are in my thoughts and prayers/  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I know you are anxious.  This is the time when you have to use the strongest most inner part of you to pull it all together. The wait and anticipation of all the worry is almost here. Just pray ...for you are not alone.  You have a lot of cysters that are with you in "spirit" from the beginning of this until the end. These are peope who have and are suffering the emotions just like you.  Before long, this will be in your rearview mirror as you move on with your life.
Helpful - 0
Thank you all for your kind words of comfort, my afternoon was much better than the morning, (even with drinking all that stuff) my kids are home from school now, and they can always make me laugh!!! I hope I can turn my head off long enough to get a little sleep tonight! Once again, my deepest appreciation to you all,  Sincerely Shari
Helpful - 0
I will pray for you. We'll see you on the RS!
Helpful - 0
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
So many of us have stood exactly where you are right now, and we definitely identify with your fears (AND your tears!).  We are here to offer advice where we can, but more importantly, to offer emotional support.  This is very hard, but I have no doubt you can do this!  I will be thinking of you tomorrow, and praying you get a great result.  Whatever happens, we'll be right there behind you.  God bless!

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks for taking the time to write, I hope you are resting well and not in too much pain.  I appreciate all your help,  Thanks & hugs, Shari
Helpful - 0
Hopefully by the time you see this you will be all done and have good news.  The waiting is finally over!  I'll be holding you in my thoughts on Saturday morning.

Suz
Helpful - 0
I am three weeks in recovery and I know how frightened you are right now.  I had a meltdown and was of course thinking the worst. I didn't sleep much and kept doing easy crossword puzzles. It's the only thing that keeps my mind off myself for awhile. If I go into one of my anxiety attacks I'm in trouble.
On the way to the hospital (2 Hour ride) I did one puzzle after another- try it - it may help. When I was young I had to have a simple test, had an anxiety attack while waiting.( I suffered terribly in my 20's)   I had my gown on already and left they found me in the hospital's chapel.  My husband and I still chuckle about it. I'm lucky they didn't put on the top floor in a locked room  I must have looked like an idiot!!!!  Just wanted to lighten things up for you.  Just keep thinking "in 24 hours its over and I will be on meds, relaxed and sleeping." we will be thinking about you.  Just don't take off with your gown on. Only kidding- Kathy  Get the paper and start a crossword puzzle
Helpful - 0
I am three weeks in recovery and I know how frightened you are right now.  I had a meltdown and was of course thinking the worst. I didn't sleep much and kept doing easy crossword puzzles. It's the only thing that keeps my mind off myself for awhile. If I go into one of my anxiety attacks I'm in trouble.
On the way to the hospital (2 Hour ride) I did one puzzle after another- try it - it may help. When I was young I had to have a simple test, had an anxiety attack while waiting.( I suffered terribly in my 20's)   I had my gown on already and left they found me in the hospital's chapel.  My husband and I still chuckle about it. I'm lucky they didn't put on the top floor in a locked room  I must have looked like an idiot!!!!  Just wanted to lighten things up for you.  Just keep thinking "in 24 hours its over and I will be on meds, relaxed and sleeping." we will be thinking about you.  Just don't take off with your gown on. Only kidding- Kathy  Get the paper and start a crossword puzzle
Helpful - 0
sorry it copied twice - who knows
Helpful - 0
I think anyone who has worked in health care  and know more about the system feel somewhat like this.  All other's do too, but having worked in xray for 30 years it's the extra knowledge that can weigh you down at times.  I am just having occasional panic attacks right now but the last few days before my surgery I know I will be in full blown panic.  I suggest to my husband and son that they may want to go do something together while I go through the prep.
Good luck and quick recovery.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.