Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

CA125 reading of 2700 - just diagnosed!

My mother has just been diagnosed after years of suffering what was thought to be 'just' IBS. It was thought that the IBS had become more serious but it was only through my mothers friend suggesting CA125 test that the ovarian cancer has been revealed. My question is obviously about prognosis, having read some worrying accounts on this site. Can anyone respond with any relevant experience/history of others who have had levels of 2000+ My mother's levels are currently at 2700 and we will see the oncologist for the first time 25/04/06. Any help appreciated.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry about the IBS thing, they sooooooo need to get over that, I was told the same thing. We here have seen high and low numbers but still we are all fighting it the same way. I went in a couple of times to the Emergency Room to have my Ascites drained before scheduled surgery, it helped for a while so I hope maybe she is getting some comfort somehow. The waiting is the hardest part so Hang in there  and keep us posted. She will feel so much better after surgery as hard as it is. I know I did, I am also in Stage 3 as are alot of us here.  Maybe your Mom at some later point can join us..... Keep The Faith!!!!
Helpful - 0
Shonnor,don't worry too much on the numbers.I was 1500 and stage 3c when diagnosed the lady in the bed next to me was 27,000 and a stage 1a.Sue x
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I'm doing chemo at the same time as another woman whose CA125 was 29,000 at the time they discovered her CA.  She did lose quite a bit of bowel but was doing well and seeing her CA 125 numbers reduce week by week.  Thinking of you as the next part unfolds for you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.