Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

hi ladies, home from the hospital

well, i got home from the hospital yesterday. I went to the emergency room on easter and turns out that i had another abscess and there was infection in my wound. Also a fistula--just as the doctor suspected which we are hoping will heal on its own because of how small it is.  I now have a (picc) line--a peripherally inserted central catheter in my arm and it turns out, that it most likely wont be used because i cannot afford the iv medicines and therapy at home, so my doc prescribed me antibiotic pills instead. I about died when the doctor pushed and prodded at my wound and saw all the yuck that came from deep inside.  I now have to start all over and pack it up again--yay!  Anyway, so naturally i missed my gyn appt. on monday and have to fit that in around my whole new set of appointments.  I hope that these next 3 weeks i spend on these antibiotics will solve my problem.  I just want to say thanks for all the support. And to ravenlady who gave me that extra push to go to the emergency room.  Here come another wonderful plethera of bills---woohooooooo!!!!!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Last night I almost posted a "Where are you?" thing on you....
You poor kid, I just can't believe this .... thank goodness you went eh, I had a feeling you were going like Sonie.... wish I could mail you some drugs from Canada! That is terrible you can't get the best drugs.  AND you had to miss the gyn appointment, argggggg.  It't just not right.
Helpful - 0
just a quick note....so sorry you have to go through all of this.  I got my stiches out yesterday and got home and boom it started opening up again......grrrr.  Hope you recover quicky and you are in my thoughs.  If you need the high dose medications for the IV and can not afford them....try calling the pharmacutical company that makes the drugs sometimes they will give or tramendously reduce the cost of the medications...they have plans for that.   Good luck and I wish you the best.
Helpful - 0
thanks everyone.  and terrilg, thanks for that idea, im going to give it a try.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.