Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Finally home from the hospital

Hey everyone!  I just wanted to let everyone know that I am finally home and have started my recovery.  Surgery went pretty well on Monday.  As I thought, the cyst was attached to my bladder and bowels, so thank God that my doctor had the insight to have a general surgeon in the operating room with her.  I was recovering nicely until I had my IV blow my vein in my hand and no one noticed (when they would give my my meds. through my IV, I kept telling the nurse that it was burning really bad adn she said this was normal).  Tuesday afternoon when my mom and husband came to see me, mom noticed my hand was very swollen.  When they came in to take a look, my hand and half of my forearm were 3 times the normal size. Then that night I started running a fever.  The doctor seemed to think that it was from the IV, so she let me go home on Wed. afternoon (On the promise that if my temperature reached over 100.4 I would call).  All afternoon and evening it was lower that that.  When my hubby got home from wokr around 2am I told him I did not feel well and he took my temp, 101.3:(  I paged the doctor who told me to get back up to the hospital and she wanted to start 3 different antibotics through an IV.  She also did blood work.  I had gotten a secondary infection and had to stay in the hospita until yesterday.  I am glad to say that I am doing well now, have not needed any pain medication except Advil. But the best news is I am officially in the 99% club!!!!!   Thanks for all of the prayers and for the friendship.  Kasie
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Congratulations on joining the 99% club.  I'm sorry you had such lack lustre medical staff treating you in post-op; and thank goodness your Mum saw it.  I'm pleased you are now on the road to recovery.
Please take it easy; and know our love and prayers are with you.

icey
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Wow...so sorry you had to go through the problems with the infection. Scary. So glad you went right back to the hospital. And, I know you are gald to be home now. Take good care, Mary
Helpful - 0
So sorry you had to go through the complications but glad for the good news in the end.  Now rest and take it slow - be patient with your recovery~
Helpful - 0
Congrats on recahing the recovery side.  I am sorry you had such a difficult time.  I will be praying for you and a helathy recovery!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.