Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
132752 tn?1273342273

Pre-Prep Dinner Suggestions?

Trying to stay on the positive side, does anyone have any suggestions for tonight's dinner?  The dreaded bowel prep starts tomorrow morning, and I've already laid in my stock of bottled lemonade and Italian ices.  Yum....I think.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hi turtledove...what surgery are you having? I have read alot of posts about this "bowel prep" and I am wondering if I'll be facing that? My doc , maybe conveniently, hasn't mentioned it YET. I'm having an abdominal hysterectomy next week.
Helpful - 0
Hello there....I know this is not what you want to hear.....been there..done that....if ever I do it again (please NO) I will have mostly  liquids the night befor the prep begins.....it really is not fun and I am sorry to tell you that...but it is the truth.  
If you're going to have solids, at least eat light....you do need the nourishment and that is not insignificant.
Pretty soon all this will be behind you and you will be so relieved and finally on to the healing path.
We are all here for you, kiddo!
Peace be with you and your family.
dian
Helpful - 0
132752 tn?1273342273
Thanks for the good wishes, as always.  I was really trying to be positive.  I've done the prep before and have learned my lesson...the less that goes in means that less will have to come out (there's no polite way to put that...sorry).  

Nanik...the prep for this procedure is the same as the last phase before a colonoscopy: clear liquids, 2 bottles of phospho soda (according to the directions)...and nothing after midnight the night before the surgery.  It really cleans you out, as well it should.  Oddly enough, the surgeons at our local hospital were not going to do the prep...and that made me more than a little apprehensive.  The MSK gyn/onc is doing things more logically...one of the reasons why I feel at peace with being there.  

Dian...thank you so much for your words of encouragement.  I'm doing my best to look ahead (not always easy to do).  I have to say that I've come to really look forward to the posts on this site.  The combination of wisdom and humor is just what I needed to find.  I hope tonight's sleep will be a restful one.  As I'm trying to write this, I have my youngest son and another one of my undergrads trying to IM me.  At least some things in life are constant.  

Blessings on you all!
peace,
Anne
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.