Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Help - Crazy Drs. Are Scaring Me Half to Death

Hi Ladies,

I am going crazy.  The physician that mis-diagnosed me with a hernia called me today and scared me half to death.  He indicated first of all that he still thinks I have a hernia (what an idiot!!!)  Then he says "well I'm sure that is the least of your worries given the complex cyst."  My gyn/onc said that he thinks this cyst is benign because it is very large (28 cm) and primarily filled with fluid with a few "small solids".  He also said that there is only trace fluid outside the cyst, (which I'm guessing is a good thing). He also thinks that the general surgeon may be trying to cover his "butt" because of the mis-diagnosis. I am trying to trust my gyn/onc but I am afraid he is telling me what he knows I want to hear. Thanks in advance for your Help.....

Michele
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey there....trust your gyn/onc......they do not tell you what you want to hear.....generally, they are straight talkers who lay it right out there for you. I think they do that so nobody gets their hopes up only to have them dashed...also, by telling the truth nobody can come back at them with "but, you told me such and such"..I would trust my gyn/oncologist.
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Hello, I know how hard it is to trust anyone when you are getting the run around. Mine is the fourth doctor and only one who wanted to listen and do anything. I would say your gyn/onc knows what he is talking about since it is his specialty and has dealt with it numerous times. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
Hugs,
Darlyn
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.