Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Get us results tomarrow......very worried

I have been lurking on this site all day as I had an ultrasound on Friday and hope to get the results tomarrow.  I have many of the classic symptoms of oc, but have no diagnosis.  For the past 6 months, I have had this intermitent cramp-like pain on my right side of my pelvic bone.  Now the last 2 weeks I have developed constipation, increased gas, more severe cramping but still intermitent, and lack of appetite (which has just been since the us).  I did notice the tech. seem to take many pictures on the right side, but nothing on the left ovary after she found it.  

I have no family history of oc or breast cancer and do not fall into any of the high risk categories except I could lose about 30 pounds.  When I had my us with my 3rd child they did find an uterine fibroid, but the doctor didn't seem to concerned about it (10 years ago) and I kind of forgot about it myself.

Anyone have any ideas how to keep me sane the next few days so that my 4 children have a mother who is functionable.  My dh has been very supportive by allowing me time to myself, letting me rest and doing as much around the house as he can, reminding me that things may not be as bad as I perceive them to be.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know you are worried..your post mirrored mine a few weeks ago.  I had pain on the left side, like a pinching sensation.  My ultrasound showed an 8cm Complex Cyst(tennis ball size).  I had many other symptoms that made me think it was Cancer.  I think I actually had 5 out of 7 symptoms.  I had surgery last Tuesday and my doctor removed the tumor and showed it to be benign.  I am now recovering and feeling better and stronger each day.  Hang in there and pray that it all turns out ok. You will get a lot of comfort reading these posts, as there is always someone you can identify with. I will be thinking of you.
Helpful - 0
I echo what the other ladies said. Ovarian Cancer and cysts have basically the same symptoms, and less than 2% of women will develop Ovarian Cancer in their lifetime. The odds are greatly in your favor that it's a cyst or a fibroid.  But it's still really scary until you know for sure!

My mom has ovarian cancer, and when I first realized I had a cyst and was sent for further testing I too was an emotional wreck.  I felt like my thoughts and worries were like a hampster in a wheel running faster and faster and I couldn't turn it off.  I didn't want to freak my kids out, so I asked my doctor for a prescription for an anti-anxiety pill.  She gave me Ativan, which is mild and just took the edge off.  I took it to help me sleep (it really worked) and during the day if I felt myself getting too "crazed."  It didn't make all the worry go away, but at least I got some rest and didn't cry all day!  That's an option to consider to help you out if you need it.
Helpful - 0
Your symptoms could be from the fibroid--I had the same symptoms and just had my fibroid removed. I know it is easy to say don't worry (we all have been where you are at some point) But there are so many things it could be that are easy to take care of. Take this time of waiting to be extra good to yourself--eat healthy, do what you enjoy and feel up to. And soon you will have your diagnosis and then you'll know what you are dealing with. This is a great site for support and encouragement while you wait--the waiting and wondering is the hardest part. I will keep you in my prayers.
Helpful - 0
Hey there...the waiting is never easy..we all know that.  You know..I am just going to say what I think....first of all...95-99% of ovarian tumors are benign......your symptoms might be indicative of a cyst, but certainly not cancer.....as far as I can see, you haven't been given a reason to be mortified as you seem to be.
Since your pain is on the right side, it is only natural  the tech would take more pics there.....you are scaring the appetite out of yourself.......just wait to see what they find....then if something is up...then be vigilant, get to the bottom of it, get a second opinion, develop a plan of action and attack!  Until then...try to be less worried, eat, laugh and live your life....play with and love those kids and that understanding husband of yours!
Peace, kiddo.
dian
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.