Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How many of the irregular cysts are benign if 95% of all cysts are

hi, if 95% of cysts are benign how many of the irregular ones, the ones that are suspicious, are benign. i am due to go for surgery next week for my cyst that is irregular in shape and looks to be an hemorrhagic cyst.  i realise that until its actually looked at from within and biopsied then they can not tell. i have had the ca125 and cea test as well. that worried me that maybe they thought it looked more the other way but i was told it looked probably like a cyst that had bled into itself. i do get bloating and very bad side pain around the kidney area. this is better when i get up but worse on lying down. anyone else had symptoms like this. the bloating could be due to irritable bowel also. my cyst is nearly 4cm.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Kmarsh! I just had my 6cm cyst removed yesterday it was an irregular cyst, mucus. It was non-cancerous. If you have a hemorrhagic cyst the chance of it being CA are pretty darn low.
Hemorrhagic just means it bleed into itself, so it contains mostly blood, maybe a clot and a bit of tissue.
The symtoms you have are quite normal for a cyst.
Hope this helps!
Donna
Helpful - 0
thanks for the reply, hope you are feeling well. did they take any of the ovary as well or just the cyst. i had a laporoscopy done 18 months ago for other problems and i also had hysteroscopy and diathermy too. was this operation done laporoscopy or small laporotomy. also did they do a biopsy of it too. take care, karen
Helpful - 0
sorry, just read your ordeal on previous thread. why did you have the tube and appendix out too. regard, karen
Helpful - 0
Hi Karen, They did a small laporotomy on me. They took the right ovary, tube, appendix and 1 of my fibroids out.  They did a frozen section during the surgery, was negative. They will also test the whole cyst and I will find out the results in about 2 wks.
I'm doing ok, thank you.  Moving is hard & quite painful, but hanging in there. The worst part is over! No more waiting!
Best of luck to you, Donna
Helpful - 0
I was told bec the cyst was leaking fluid onto the appendix and tube so the doc thought it best to remove them as well.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.