Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anybody have this symptom??

I have a 10cm tumor on my right ovary and ascites (fluid) in my pelvic area.  The only symtoms I have are a bulging abdomen & some pressure on my rectum- like labor!  Anyone ever have this?  Is it just pressure from the tumor/ fluid or should I be more worried of cancer spreading?  I TOLD you I'd make you crazy with all my questions before I get into surgery- Rachael
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My cyst is much smaller than yours, and due to the bladder pressure I get, I can guess where my 'alien' is sitting! It's quite annoying, but any size cyst can cause that. I'd just prefer the back pain and tingling to go away, but I guess I'm lucky since I had very little swelling and my clothes still fit!
Apparently there's not that much space in there, and even a smaller growth can push things around.
Good luck!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
I'm worried because in addition to the mass found on the ultrasound, my CA-125 was over 500.  I am 49 yrs old.
Helpful - 0
You guys are SO amazing!  I am blessed to have found all of you.  Will take your advice and also keep you posted.  Rachael
Helpful - 0
Hey, we're almost twins!  I had a 9cm cyst on my right ovary that was larger when I had surgery.  With cysts, you feel the pressure either on your rectum or on your bladder, depending on where your little buddy decided to plant itself.  And I sure understand the bulging abdomen.  I lost 10 lbs my last 3 weeks while my abdomen got bigger and bigger to where I couldn't fit in any of my clothes! My path during surgery came back as 100% benign serous cystadenoma.

Don't freak over the cancer... 99% are benign. And take charge.  This is your body and you are kicking that d**ned thing out.  Start making your list of questions for your next appointment, make your list of questions for your anesthesiologist.  Make a list of what to take to the hospital.  Be empowered.  The cyst isn't in control, you are!
Hugs, Cathy
Helpful - 0
I don't know if serous cystadenomas are rare or not.  I haven't spent any time researching since my surgery.  Cool to find someone else with it...  

How long ago was your surgery?  I really wanted a BSO, but since he couldn't get my uterus out easily, he left the other ovary (which is what my instructions were).  I can't stand the thought of going through this again... Yep, I'm a wimp!
LOL

Cathy
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
The rectal pressure is a classic symptom of large ovarian cysts - which I will happily remind you are 99% BENIGN!!  You could never drive me crazy - I beat you to it (lol)  :-)
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.