Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

mass still there, do i keep one ovary or take them both

Hi, Thanks to everyone who answered my questions yesterday.  Today  i saw My ob/gyn who preformed another transvag us. His findings were the same as the first two us that my mass was still there , if you remember i also had act scan which said i no longer had the mass. My ob/gyn now believes my mass to be  a dermoid  and feels very strongly that it is not cancer. Some of my blood tests have been sent back and are all in the normal range,my ca 125 results have not been sent back yet. MY dr. feels that my left ovary should come out   (if it was his wife it would be out) he wants us to decide if we should remove the right ovary. what are your thoughts on this . I look forward to hearing everyones replys thank you
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, removal of overies was started.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
If you will still have the remaining ovary left, I would say take the bad one out.  The remaining ovary can do the job of both.  This is what would do (and did) - of course you must make your own choice.  Do what is best for you and your health.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
keep it if you can.... the "man made" hormones ain't nothing like our bodies produce... and they are a pain to regulate, monitor, etc.  Good luck...
Katie
Helpful - 0
Hi. Just wanted to say there is a great post by suzsen on the 27th about this. GREAT INFO ON PLUS/MINUS TO REMOVING OVARIES is the subject. It has links in the thread that you might want to check out. Hope this is helpful to you. Take care.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.