Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovarian Cysts @age 19 ? pain elevating,feeling nausiated,an=m i the only one ?

Hello everyone ! I am new to this but i just need some advice from people that have "been there and done that" if you get my drift . I am generally a laid back and easy going person but lately I have had pain that is horrible located on my right ovary and lower back, I can barely make it to school and back. It got so bad that I went to the ER thinking it was my appendix , turns out I had an ovarian cyst that ruputured... hours later they send me home with some vicodin and tell me that everything is going to be alright in a few days. two days later I went to the obg and had an ultrasound, they said that i had fluid there but I was going to be alright and there weren't any signs of more cysts. it has now been a 10 days and the pain still persisted so I went to my family doctor and I get a cat scan ( that stuff that makes you feel like you are using the restroom is horrible, especially the taste it left in my mouth all day , lol)  yuk ...but it turns out I have SEVERAL more cysts and they said that the fluid is not going away, I am scared and I don't know what any of this means, I am only 19 and  I don't want to lose my ovary yet. I have also not been told what is going to happen if the fluid doesn't go away ...has any one else had this problem ? and what do i do about the pain until i go back to the obg? I am very sorry about all of this I am stressed.
With Love and God Bless !
ovcystgrl
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have suffered everything you have as well and am also 19. I had a cyst that ruptured a few months ago and the pain was crippling. Went to the ER and got sent home and it cleared up for a while. Got an ultrasound a few weeks ago and low and behold i have 2 brand new ones (one on each ovary). I was told to wait them out but the pain and nausea are horrible. College just started back up and i have to take large amounts of ibuprofen just to manage through my classes. Ive been on birth control for years and that's supposed to make cysts less likely and i find it ironic that I've had 3 already. To be honest I've been looking into ovarian cancer. It's pessimistic and highly unlikely but I'm not taking any chances. I can't stand living my life in this pain. It is comforting knowing that I'm not alone though. We'll make it through this!

~Drea
Helpful - 0
I understand your concern and the kind of pain you are having.  I have had 4 'simple' cysts in the last 7 months, with one that has not resolved.  What they generally do - is wait and see whether the cyst(s) rupture or grow over a period of time.  My gyn prescribed 800 mg of Motrin for the pain, along with Phenegren for the nausea.  They do not handle it all, but help to make the pain and nausea manageable.  If they change and/or do not resolve over a period of time (3 months usually), they will typically want to do a laproscopic surgery to check it all out.  Sometimes, they can drain the cysts and won't have to touch the ovary.  Sometimes, they have to remove the ovary too.  It's really just a "hurry up and wait" game.  I'm sorry there are no easy answers for these things and I'm sorry you are having to deal with it at such a young age.  Be sure to ask your doctor for pain/nausea meds if they want you to wait and see.  You shouldn't have to feel that bad all the time.

Hang in there!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome.  You may have pcos.  This is when you have very cystic ovaries.  You may not have to loose your ovary.  Dr.s can control the symptoms of pcos with bcp.  Check with your dr. and see what your options are.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.