Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

sonohysterogram

My dr called while I was at the pool doing PT and said I need one of these. I am waiting for here to call back with the results of my US and why I need one of these special US done. Anyone had one of these and know why I need this done? I am worried now, it's what I do best. As if worrying about my son deploying in June weren't enough!. I get this done at Walter Reed on Mon the 8th, the tech laughed and asked me if I am causing trouble, she knows me from all my tests I have done.
I will try to get my dr today to give me the results , I am going to WR for another appt.
Thanks,
Bonnie
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sounds to me like they may( don't hold me to this) use some kind of contrast during a U/S to demonstrate the pelvic area better.  I have never heard of this before but who knows, there are always new tests being developed to help diagnosis.  Certainly ask either the tech or your doctor how this is done.  In my experience( I was an x-ray tech for years) you would probably get a thorough explanation from the tech.  It is better than worrying about or not having a idea what it is for.  I have always made a point of finding our what any test, or exam, involves before I will let someone do it to me.  Remember, you are the one in charge of your health and tests.  When going throught fertility treatments years ago the doc wanted to do an x-ray called a hyster salpingiogram to check to see if my fallopian tubes were open.  He bugged for 3 months and I kept saying" If I don't get pregnant you will be doing a laproscopy to check everything so check my tubes when you do that.  I knew from assisting in a few of these exams that they could be quite uncomfortable for the patient.  I think I had a lot less pain tolerance then than I do now.  The doc finally agreed and presto I finally got pregnant with meds and no other tests.
Helpful - 0
I had a hystero-sonogram a few years ago.  They did it to look at my fibroids.  They had to dilate my cervix a bit and inject warm water into it, then they did the ultrasound.  It just gave them a clearer view of the inside of my uterus.  It wasn't much worse than a normal transvaginal ultrasound.

Hope this calms your fears.
Helpful - 0
Thanks I got my Us report from my Physical Med & rehab Dr  today. It states that I have a 4mm endometrial stripe. What does this mean? I will have to search this out. He tried to explain it to me but I wasn't folllowing his explanation. It also states I have several hypoechoic lesions in my uterus  as well as fibroids and 1 is calcified. It says mt right ovary is not detected which I see others have noted before.

This dr told me not to worry. My legs are more of a problem right now with the lesion I have on my bone. I have a swollen lymph node right now too which is painful.

By the way this is the same test as the one you mentioned for the fertility test.  I looked it up on Yahoo. They use it to test for fertility, excessive bleeding and looking at fibroids in the uterus.

Bonnie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.