Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Back to work today:)

Hey everyone!  I hope everyone had a great week last week.  I was not on the net last week due to the fact that my mom was here out of state to help after the surgery.   I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible.  I went for my post-op appointment last Thursday and was told that everything was going great.  Actually, things are so well that I was able to go back to work today (it has been exactley 2 weeks since surgery:), teaching preschool.  It was great to be back, but I sure did get tired easily.  I am having some pain in my right side where the ovary and cyst was removed (more like a burning sensation).  Does anyone know if this is normal or if I need to contact the doctor?  It is really bad when I bend down or sit/stand up.  I have really missed everyone and hope I can catch up on what is going on.  Talk to you soon.  Kasie
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Too much too soon!  Your body is telling you to take it easy (and so am I :-))
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
After my surgery I took it REALLY easy for about 4 days. After that I did NO lifting and moved at a snails pace because everytime I would think I was feeling better I would over do and feel the pain in my ovary like I was pulling something. If you feel well enough to go back to work then that is great. However you have to listen to what your body is telling you and that is obviously to slow down a little bit since you are still healing and will be for a while yet. Best wishes...Lena
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much for the encouragement.  I do think that I may have overdone it a little.  It is so hard for me to sit around and do nothing.  I have a little girl who is 8 and is handicap ( she is autistic and has seizures.  She is non-verbal and non-mobil.  She does crawl and can walk with assistance), and she has gone home with my Mom for the next couple of weeks.  It has been really hard for us since we have never been away from her for that long.  Thank goodness she is with my parents and sister.  I will definately take you advice and slow down some.  Thanks again, you guys are the best. Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.