Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Help my mom

I asked the question about the ca-125 test because my mom has alot of worries. She has melanoma, she has had a hysterectomy, I guess it would have been a partial since she still has her ovaries, she had alot of cysts and that's why they did that. After my scare with  the complex cysts, she went to her gyn and they found a cyst on her ovary. So with everything she is going through she is freaking out. She asked me what the normal range was and I don't know. When they tested me, all they said was that I was in the normal range. I have tried to get her to visit this site, I told her how supportive you have all been, but she won't so I'm going to do it for her. They have also found what they call nodules(sp) on her lungs. I have been praying for her, but if any of you guys would pray for her too, we would really appreciate it. Her name is Paula. Thanks so much. You gals really are the best.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I will pray for your Mom as well. Don't forget--sometimes the Lord calms the storm, and sometimes He calms the child.
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
I know how you feel. Right before my surgery we found out that my mom has something on her ovaries. They actually don't know what it is. The doctor said it was soft. The u/s said a mass one on each ovary. They put her on the wait and see. She has an another u/s on May 16. I told her to get the CA125, but she hasn't done it yet. I'm still working on her.
You mom will be just fine us Paula's are a tough breed.

Paula Phelps :)
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Hey girl, we are here for you anytime, day or night there is always someone to talk to.  You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Lena, that is what we are here for.  Lean on us, and hopefully we can relieve some of your worries.  My mother also lives in another state, so I know what you are going through.  I am sorry that your mom has so many health issues.  The one thing that kept me going befor my surgery was the promise that God will not give us more than we can handle.  I am a religious woman and God's promises along with the women on this site got me through one of the scrriest times of my life.  You can count on me anytime.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
She just has so many health issues going on that I am actually more worried about her state of mind than just about anything else. Thank you for your prayers. I just wish there was something else I could do to help alleviate her fears. I live in Florida and she lives in Texas otherwise I would try to keep her busy with her grandson to keep her mind off. The caring shown on this site really shows how good and selfless some peaple can be so thanks again.
Helpful - 0
I will definately be praying for your mother and you.  It is pretty scary when we are unsure what we are facing.  Try to take a deep breath, and remind your mom tht 99% of ovarian cysts are benign.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much. I will let her know that I posted for her and I'm sure she will be extemely grateful. I know I am.
Helpful - 0
Generally normal is under 35, but again CA125 is such an unreliable test don't let a higher number scare you!

I'll keep you and your mom in my prayers.  

Suz
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.