Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Follow-up Appointment today....Update on complex cyst.

So I had my followup today for my 4cm hemmorhagic cyst that was on my left ovary. Well in only one month it DISAPPEARED completely (yay!), but I have a new one on my other ovary!!

The new one looks functional. It is 3.5cm. The tech told me it looked like it might have one septation, but the doctor told me she didn't think it was a septation, but rather the 3.5cm cyst, and another tiny cyst (follicle maybe?).

I am very relieved the first cyst went away, and so quickly, but I am a little nervous for the new one, yet the doctor seems to think it should go away because the 1st one did, and this looks functional. I am a little worried about the possible septation though. What do you all think?

They prescribed me birth control pills too, and I will go back May 31st. Does this sound reasonable? Thanks so much everyone!!!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Great! I'm so happy for you! Now you can go ride again without worrying!
The BC pills will help keep new cysts from forming, so that's why you get to keep taking them :)
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Sounds like great news to me!  My feet are starting to tap a little Happy Dance beat!!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Great news on the first cyst!  Hopefully the BCP will work, and you will feel great.  I'll keep praying for you.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Sounds reasonable to me, especially if you're going back in a month.
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
That's good news. I know we hate the wait and see, but that is the reason why. Sometimes they do disolve all on there own.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.