Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
120574 tn?1240767840

gah_70 how are you?

Hi, I see you are stage 3, I am as well. Was wondering how you are doing, and when you were dx?  I was dx? in Nov. 2005 surgery in Dec. 05 finished 6 rounds of chemo, and will see results on scan this week.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
107366 tn?1305680375
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello!  Thanks for asking about me.  I was dx August 29, 2005.  That's the day I had surgery.  Dx came out of nowhere.  I'd only known five days prior that I even had a mass.  It was huge....44cm.  How could I not know it was there?  Denial, denial, denial.  Anyway, I started chemo September 24, and finished my 6th cycle the last week of December.  Had my follow-up CT in January, and it came back clear!  So far, my CA125 has been holding steady, although it did come up a bit this past month.  Doc is not worried yet, so I won't be worried either.  I am feeling better every day, and have about 1/2 inch of hair now.  Friday night, I am going to my local Relay for Life and get to walk to survivors lap.  I am really looking forward to that.  

I am sending you all my best wishes and prayers that you get a great result on your scan!

Gail :)
Helpful - 0
120574 tn?1240767840
Hi  The cat scan showed two small nodules, very small.  Dr. is sending me for Pet Scan to see if they are active or dead.  If active more chemo or take out, if not, nothing.   CA is at 7.2 and also he told me to keep taking the ginger pills.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.