Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Update on my ex-sister-in-law

I just wanted update everyone on my ex sister-in-law.  She made onion rings lastnight and did not know that you needed to let the fry daddy sit for several hours before putting it up.  She let it cool for 5-6 minutes and went to put it back on the shelf (had to reach over her head), and it slipped and dumped all over her (thank goodness her cowboy had kept the oil from pouring all over her face).  She has a few first degree burns, and has several second degree burns on her left upper side of her body.  She has serious second degree burns on her left breast, hand, thumb, and wrist.  She has second degree burns (not as deep) over her chest and upper arm.  They cleaned the burns and bandaged them last night at the ER (then sent her home on Tylenol 3???) and she saw a plastic surgeon today.  He told them to clean the burns twice daily and apply the ointment.  The doctor also said that 2nd degree burns are the most painful.  We talked to her tonight, and she is in good spirits, and is doing well with the pain.  She wanted me to thank everyone for the prayers and to let everyone know that God is already at work here, as the burns could have been so much worse.  Please keep up the prayers.  I've said it several times, but I will say it again---  Thank you for all of the support!!  You ladies are the best!!  Kasie
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Good news, thanks for keeping us posted!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Can'think of a much more painful thing than burns!  My thoughts and prayers are with her.  Glad to hear she has such a great attitude.  Hope my daugher grows up to have such a geat head on her shoulders!
Michelle
Helpful - 0
Glad to know that she is okay!Tell her not to give up the cooking just learned to be a little more careful with the oils! Good luck on recovery!
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
I was wondering how she was doing after reading your post about the accident. Thanks for letting us know. You know she is in our thoughts and prayers. Sounds like quite a kid! Mary
Helpful - 0
I am glad to hear the good news
Helpful - 0
She sounds like a remarkable young lady. She has continued to be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she starts feeling better real soon. Thank you for the update and keep us posted. Erika
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.