Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
106886 tn?1281291572

I finally made it to the MSN site/Urologist Today

Hi to everyone. I finally got my connection to the MSN site up and rolling thanks to my girlfriend. I even got a picuture or two up. Okay...three. Had to get the doggies on there.

Had to see a urologist today. Not the most pleasant experience especially after fighting traffic and construction. Anyway, still doing tests to see why I am "Leaking." So, I have to do some tests at home and then one more in her office. But, we have rulled out cancer. She had no concerns about that. And, she is not sure it is urine...probably is, but we shall see. And, luckily she said that my system, so to speak, is holding up well "down there." So, after having just about EVERYTHING down there removed in 2000, I am pleased about that. One theory about my recent problem is that it may be due to wayward contractions in the bladder that can be controlled by meds and not surgery necessarily. A little bit of pain tonight due to the catheter and all, but nothing big.

See you all either here or on the MSN site. Mary
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
106886 tn?1281291572
Hey to everyone,

Thanks for the comments. Feels like forever since we have chatted. Now that I am set to go on the other site, that will be fun, too. I did post a comment yesterday over there and today it was gone, so I figured I did something wrong. Then I read that some had gotten eaten. Whew. I was just glad I didn't upset another site (referring to the can of worms I had opened on the hysterectomy forum, although, those worms did need to be released:)

I will look for the Emails on the MSN site. I should be able to find them, right???

Mary, you have been on my mind this week and I so appreciate your invitation. I was planning on going to a workshop tomorrow to keep up my teaching license. But, my license is good for five more years so I was not in a huge hurry to register for the classes. Well, darn, they are filled for tomorrow so I guess I will have to sleep late instead. I am just not feeling that great tonight, so lets see what tomorrow brings. If we don't get together, we need to set up another time. I am eager to meet you, too.

I am just wiped out. I worked from 7:30 to 11:45 and then ran home before the appt. Traffic was horrid on 494 so by the time I got to the doc's my blood pressure was the highest it has ever been. I am ALWAYS on the low side. I thought perhaps it was a faulty machine. The nurse asked if I was fearful of being at the doctor's office. Um, no. She actually was very understanding when I told her I'd been sitting in unexpected construction congestion. Then they asked if I would mind if the doctor was accompanied by an intern. Frankly I was not crazy about the idea, but I couldn't figure out why I didn't want her in there so I said it would be okay. MISTAKE. It was difficult for me to have two sets of questions coming at me at the same time. It was like I was having a processing problem in my brain. I sometimes feel this way if my hormones are unbalanced and if I am overtired, too, well...you get the gist. And, my leaking problem was very hard to explain, not cut and dry as they might have liked. At one point I actually said that I was having a problem processing the information and questions and that I was feeling frustrated. My mouth was so dry I could hardly speak. I finally just stopped talking and took a sip of water. Things got a bit better after that. I have never told a doctor that I was frustrated. But, geez...the whole thing was "chop chop chop."

I was going to have my prescription filled for the pain killers that the doc gave me to help with the catheter pain, but I fell asleep after dinner. I have a bit of dread that I might be running to Walgreens at Southdale in the middle of the night!

Well, kind of needed to vent about "stuff." Thanks. Mary
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Hey Girl,
     I am home and so looking forward to meeting you and the pooches!  I left you a message on the MSN site and will go back and figure out how to email you directly.  Should not need Sue's help.  What a treat to see your pics, the DH and the pooches, already felt like I knew you bur having a face to put with the voice is a major treat!  Hope to see you in my gardens tomorrow!  MV
Helpful - 0
Hi there, I just emailed you on the other site too, glad to hear it was good news, ouch on the catheter, poor you.  Take it easy and keep drinking the cranberry juice.
There a few problems with the MSN site (some messages got eaten) but I am sure Queen Mid will work it all out, she is awesome at this stuff..... love your pictures :)
Cheers, Katie
Helpful - 0
I am so glad to hear that cancer was ruled out.  I will keep praying for you.  Take it easy tonight and hopefully you will feel better tomorrow.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.