Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

Cyber Party!

Happy Saturday Battalion!  It is time for Cyber party so gather up your virtual munchies and drop them on the table next to the hot tub!  I have time to serve a round of margaritas but will have to leave to take pictures of Caitlin and her date Chris all dolled up for senior prom!  Her date is late and just showed up, has to change yet!  Cait's handling it graciously as they will only be late for the group pictures then on to the Grand March, more pictures!  I'll be snapping a way!
     We have lots of Cysters on the RS who we hope to hear from as well as all the new Gals we'd like to get to know better!  So drop by Cyber Party!  Woo Hooo!  
MV
50 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
132752 tn?1273342273
Good morning...I whimped out and fell asleep last night, but it seems as if the company as really quite fine last night.  Mmmmmm....brunch.....I could definitely convince myself to participate in that!  It's great to have a chance to share fun conversation with you all :)
peace
Anne
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Good Morning!!  I have a fresh pot of coffee and a pot of EG Tea.  Also, cheese danish along with some bear claws (family fav) and the usually bagels and cream cheese.  Fresh picked strawberries from the farm next door are also on the table.  Dig in and enjoy!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Sorry I missed the party ladies; I'm a new cyster.  Is this a weekly thing?  Thanks to eveyone for your support!!!  You all have made this experience easier to work through.
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Oh my gosh, Katie, I just read about your dog. I am so sorry to hear of the incident. Poor thing...and, poor you and DH. What trauma. Give her a hug for me.

My baby, nine yr. old Maddie, is going through some kind of anxiety or something.  We actually think it is related to wayward smoke alarms blarring at odd times due to low batteries that missed the "chirping" stage. DH and I discovered this problem at midnight and then again at 1am about four weeks ago. We couldn't find the culprit for the longest time, but apparantly it had been going off in the day time at times we have not been home and the girls HATE HATE HATE the sound of that alarm.

So, we have Xanax for her, believe it or not, on doctors orders along with a behavior modification program to try which involves a tape recorded alarm and gradual raising of the volume on the tape. During this time we are to be playing and having fun and the dog is on her dose of the med. Hopefully this will help her get over her anxiousness. She is such a sweetheart. But, as my 20 yr. old Katie said to all of this, "Oh, my gosh, Mom...only OUR DOGS!"

Spent the day with Roto Rooter. Not the nice little fifteen minute drain cleaning either...no....sewer back up. Geez, and so that is why my house has been smelling funny. How gross. Seriously, it was driving me crazy. So, I missed a chance to meet RavenLady...but, that will happen soon...and, I will not smell like a house in need of Roto Rooter when I finally get to meet her!

I did see your letter over "There." It scared me a little:)

Goodnight. Off to bed. UP WAY TOO LATE last night Chatting on the MSN Site. Fun but I paid for it today.

Love, Mary
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Hi Missy!
     Welcome to the Cyber Party, here you go!~  One virtual Margarita and room in the hot tub!  Where do you hale from Missy!  Life is good!  MV
Helpful - 0
Hope it's not to late,but I would love to have those virtualmargaritaswith my new found allies. It's be a rough time but since I found this site and can get some support and advice it's  has really been helpful. God bless all and all of you will be in my prayers. All of you have my sincere gratitude.
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Hi Katie, I was starting to think I was the only one awake on this continent!  I saw your post over on the Hyst site, hope Dsmilth visits!  How was your Saturday?  MV
Helpful - 0
Hi Mary, is this a private party or can anybody come?  ha ha!
Wonder how those trapped miners are in Oz?  
Katie
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Where the heck are those Cysters from OZ???  Plenty of room in the hot tub ladies so drop by!  MV
Helpful - 0
just a little side thought Katie before I crash, arn't the (MONCHO) husband act fun. Tuff as they may TRY to seem they really are little teddybears (LOL) Maybe a subject to discuss another time.(LOL) Goodnight to all
Helpful - 0
my hands are tired!  off to bed....
I love you all, where would I be without your kindness and fun distraction?  Gail's pics are beautiful, have a look at them on the MSN site...
Love, Katie
Ps we should repost the site address, not me, I am minding my Ps and Qs!!!!!
Helpful - 0
I hate to leave this grand pary. But I think it is time for me to crash or at least try. Another night of tossing and turning. My Kiddos will be up by the time my eyes close. I'm sure you all have (been there done that)I'll check in tommorow to see what's new. I hope everyone has a good night. And you will all be in my prayers.
Helpful - 0
Yeah I love my dogs, so does my husband, even though he grumbles about them, he was more freaked out than I was!  They help offset our severe empty nest syndrome!
Katie  :)
Helpful - 0
fammom I think invited Dsmilth over.  Kinda like Red Rover.
I posted a question which was just as sweet as pie.
Helpful - 0
Just read you post Katie, animal are amazing. I'm glad to hear he/she is alright, Not that your wallet is now (LOL). They can be handfuls but they are worth it.
Helpful - 0
Mary you amaze me!  That must be one heck of a spread sheet you got!  or is it a rap sheet?  lol
Helpful - 0
Well maybe she can tell me another time. I posted a question and got sevral good responses and advice. And I am just waiting for the next relentless question I asked to be answered. It's quit remarkable the things you wonder about when your brain races 90 miles an hour with worry.
Helpful - 0
We walk every morning down by the river near our home (we drive over there).  Our troublemaking male Lab (a bit older and more worldly than the Shepard) sniffed Mr Porc out, got it all worked up and then sent our poor, brave, kind, gentle, sweet German Shepard (aka grunt) into the fore!  (he then wisely booted it outta there!) She thought she could make friends with it.... WRONG.  Smack down, right on target (the nose) Yowsa! as Mary says. We roared her over to the vets (first time she got to sit in the front seat of the car) vet knocked her out and ripped those little suckers out of there!  Yeeeoww!  She is good now, a bit zonked but much better.  I will give her a pat from you!  The bill hurt too!  We can add porcupine to our list of wildlife that we have seen down there....(beaver, muskrat, deer, fox, coyote, loons, Canada geese, party going teens)
Love, Katie
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
That's AnotherKatie's dog, a shepard I think!  She has two up there near Calgary Canada, a Shepard and a Black Lab.  Not certain she is still awake!  KAtie, Yoo Hoo!!!  MV
Helpful - 0
No I havn't, I am real new one to this site just found it today. I'm still roaming around to get the feel of it. Anyway I thought I would join the Cyber Party I't sound like a blast (LOL). And the porcupine that got a hold of the dog that got my attention, how is he doing and how did that happen, just curious. Because that gave me a laugh. I am a real animal lover.
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Have you run into Tybear yet?  She is in Kentucky!  There is also a younger Gal who posted mid March and goes by Kentuckygirl, her Mom has issues and she is posting on her behalf.  
     It was georgeous in Minnesota today!  I love spring!  MV
Helpful - 0
Hey girls thanks alot, I am  in little country town in Kentucky. You now were the hillbillys are. hahahah just a little of humor. I am glad I found this site I really like reading the comments posted. It really does give some peace of mind to somone.
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Caitlin and her date Chris just stopped in to change,  Prom was wonderful and they are on their way to a girlfriends house who has very brave parents and are holding their third annual all night prom party.  No Worries as it is just blocks away!  They whirlwinded in and out in a hurry!  All that evergy!
     Sorry your pooch got a snoot full Katie!  It will be a couple weeks before I fill things out with annuals as there could still be some cold nights and I have a penchant for begonias, they hate cold!  MV
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Oh, Katie, did you invite Dsmilth over to our site??? I hope so. That woman is being given wrong information. In fact, I was just doing research for her tonight. Wonder if there is  treatment for "research addiction." If she does not come over soon, I will have to post a response.

See you later, Mary
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.