Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Please advise -- still symptomatic and soooo confused!

Hello everyone, I'm back!  I haven't been on here in a few months, since my 2nd ultrasound showed my left ovarian cysts had resolved.  Did I ever come back on here and share what the doctor told me?  Well he said he didn't know "what now", and that I may have endometriosis or imbalanced hormones when I told him I was surprised the cysts were gone because I still had symptoms.
Even though I have much less pain, I still spot.  Here's the deal:  I have mucous, sometimes blood-tinged, throughout the month...particulary when I have a bowel movement, and mostly premenstrual.  I know it is coming from the vagina, even though I am having a bowel movement, because I check.  And now I am a few days before I start my period, and the mucous is bloodier and more frequent.  This has continued the last few months.  

My questions:
Has anyone had these symptoms of vaginal mucous with bowel movements?
What can that be from???

Anyone have blood-tinged mucous from endo?
What are most common symptoms of endo?
How can u find out u have endo?

I keep spotting before my period, I am constipated a lot, and my vagina feels sore.  What is wrong w/ me if nothing was seen on my last ultrasound?????  I quit nursing my 2nd child about 5 months ago.  Could I STILL be hormonally imbalanced after all that time and this is what the problem is?  Do I just need to try switching birth control pills?

Anyone with similar symptoms, PLEASE help.  I can't help but still be scared of ovca...no matter what the doc says is "unlikely", because I have continuous symptoms.  :(

Thank you,
Julie
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there.  I think I'm much older than you (45) but I have the same spotting symptoms, all month and commonly w/bowel movement.  I've only read that getting close to menopause these things happen - hormonal? One doc said it's because I have no progesterone, but I never had hormone levels tested.  I have a thickened endometrium too and drs are recommending hysterectomy though I don't want that.  Not sure if it's related.
Helpful - 0
Go to www.mayoclinic.com, they have an alphabetical listing near the top of the page.  Click on "e" and scroll down to Endometriosis, then click on it.

I've found their info to be well-organized, readable and reliable.

Helpful - 0
rkk
Wow.  I have complained about the pink mucous during bowel movements.  Every time I have a bowel movement I have a glob. Sorry for the graphics.  I had an US and they found calcification in my right ovary and a cyst 2.1x1.4x1.3 cm. Fluid in my cul de sac and my endometrial canal at 11mm.  I just went through a laparoscopy b/c 3 docs swore I had endo and there wasn't any.  I am so frustrated.  Doc said my cyst might still be there and that he can see a cyst that size during laparoscopy.  He is ordering another US in 2 months to check on cyst.  The only other thing he found was tons of veins on my pelvic wall.  SOme say that is pelvic congestive disorder.  I am to see my doc on the 11th to discuss further testing.  I have horrible symptoms just like endo but no endo.  I am soo confused. Cramping all month especially during ovul and period. Pains in groin and down thighs.  Sitting in a warm blanket helps legs and groin.  Major lower back pain if I do anything on my feet for a period of time.  I am only 35.  I know this info doesn't probably help you because I don't have any answers but at least you know you aren't the only one.  Good luck.  I will let you know how my appt goes on the 11th.  Maybe he knows something.  He said he was doing some research on me???? What does that mean???
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Hi Julie!  Been awhile!  I just returned from Scottsdale and am sorry to hear you are still having issues.  I gotta wonder about fibroids or andometriosis.  Sounds like you have the same thing going on RKK!  I can almost feel your combined frustration from here!  Hang in there and keep us posted Cysters!  Mary V
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your help.  Still spotting, and period is on it's way.  Plan to call the doc this week but he probably won't see me when I'm menstruating.

Thank you everyone for trying to help,
Julie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.