Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Unexplained pelvic pain

For the last two months I have had strong pelvic pain generally from my left side.  This pain starts out light and usually gets so strong I want to go to the ER.  Then it starts to lighten up.  I told my husband it feels like somone punched my ovaries.  I have had cysts on my ovaries since I was in my 30's and now I am 51.  You would think I would recognize this as cysts but I have never had them feel this bad before.  This is embarassing but I have excessive gas along with this pain.  I don't think it's just trapped gas.  I get this pain more frequently at night.  I've had kidney stones before and I know it's not that..Do you think the cysts get more painful with age?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you look again, you'll see that the post you responded to is from 2006.  That's a long time ago, and many of the ladies on this forum skip over the old messages.  Please hit "post a question" at the top of the page and start a new post.  Your symptoms are pretty vague, so my best advice is to go get checked out by your doctor.  
Helpful - 0
i have been having alot of pain there too, but its only when i get gas. it hurts me so bad sometimes. is that the same thing as what your talking about. someone else told me that it could be a sign of preggo....i haven't had a period for 2 months now.:( ive took a preggo test and it was neg. so idk.
Helpful - 0
Wow it sounds like we have the same problem.  They have done all these tests but can't find anything.  I am scheduled for laprascopy but not until September.  Thanks for your sharing. It is nice to know that I am not crazy.  Let me know if you find anything out about what this disease is.  I have been looking for answers for a year now and the pain episodes just keep getting longer and more severe.
Helpful - 0
For over a year I have had pain in the lower right abdomenal area. Numerous us ordered by different Drs in various fields were good, but showed fluid in the cul-de-sac. They all said this was normal and would dissipate. Had one recently and it showed 2 polyps in the uterus and fluid in the cul-de-sac. In addition, over the last couple of months have had excessive gas, getting worse. Pain prior to gas problem went from lower ab to right side.  Recently getting worse when I lay on my right side it feels like something pushing into my lower ribcage.  The last gyn says since the fluid isn't dissipating. He will go in through my navel (and withdraw the fruid and have it analyzed)when he has me under to remove the polyps. But he can not explain the pain in the ride ab/side. Says that this not consistent with the polyps. Also says he had a patient in the past that had unexplained ab pain to one side and when he removed a polyp, the pain went away, but he can't explain why.
The recent gas symptons really concern me.
Helpful - 0
It's been a few years....No this pain is relentless..I will be making an appointment tomorrow.  i realize now i can take 5 ibuporfen which will help alot.  I must have poly cystic ovaries as I took get that rush of fluid in my underwear..but yet the pain persists.
Helpful - 0
When was your last us? Might be a good idea to have another done to see what's going on. Hope you're feeling better today!
Helpful - 0
Yeah I know...it's evident after reading all these postings..this is a great place to get info.  thanks for the response.....
Helpful - 0
Please, make an appointment to see your doctor, and do it soon.  While it is quite possible that you are simply suffering from more of the same old cysts, it is also possible that you have something more serious that needs to be addressed.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.