Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

serous cystadenoma

On Thursday, I went for my 2 wk postop.  My doctor was amazed at how well I am doing.  

I asked a bunch of questions about my serous cystadenoma.  He said that the fact that it was a neoplasm does not mean that I am more predisposed to having another one on my other ovary.  I remained very concerned and pressed him to give me the odds of developing another one.  He said 15-25% but don't hold him to that LOL.  I then asked if I should schedule yearly TVUS when I have my pap.  He said no need.  I pressed him... if I were your wife, would you give me yearly TVUS at this point.  He said absolutely not.   He said go live life and be grateful!

I'm feeling better now!
Cathy
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
205009 tn?1218559728
I had several serous cystadenomas removed in August.  I just went for ultrasound because I was having pains that reminded me an awfullot of when one cyst burst last year.  Sure enough, 2 new cysts.  So, it happens I guess.  Haven't heard fromt he doc yet but she was actually expecting recurrence as these cysts are non-functional and don't respond to hormone therapy.
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Good Deal, now you can do a real "At Ease"!!!!  MV
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.