Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

Battalion Weekly

Greetings Cysters!
     Last week was a good one as Shen (Tellme), Lori (RustyoldHalo), Turtledovemom, Clover.1, Tammy (Lionsfan), Kmarsh, Darlyn (Krull) and finally, Nanik returned to the RS after their surgeries!  Welcome back Cysters,  relax once and all!
     This week will be very hective with a number of surgeries and many Surgery Cysters!
      Monday, Jen (Braydensmom), D'arcy, Deb (Brettspike) and BigRed are Surgery Cysters and will, hopefully, be on the RS by the end of the week!
     Tuesday's Surgery Cysters are Tia(Hershe), Md1johnson and Nani3.  I think Tia is having the largest "alien" evicted this week.  Hang in there Ladies!
     Wednesday's Surgery Cysters are Gloria (Blackraven), Laura (Juldan) and Timok.  Hang tough Cysters and hurry back to the RS!
     Joanie40 has plenty of surgery Cysters, they have just not been lucky enough to drop by!  We will look for you on the RS Joanie!
     Our thoughts and prayers go with each and every one of you!  Mary V
17 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Prayers and well wishes to all my surgery sisters this week!!! And thank you, thank you for the Battalion Weekly - love it!!

Gloria
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
I think this weekly is important too and hope you all drop in on MmeMulot's thread above, it is her first surgery and she needs lots of help shooing away the flutterbys!  
     Mary53 and Katie, you two never fail to crack me up!!!!  MV
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You are all in my thoughts and prayers this week.  I am truly looking forward to hearing from you on the RS.  Be strong!  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0

Prayers and good, good vibes for everyone! See you back as soon as you're strong enough to post.
Annette
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Again, Mary, and I know that others join me in saying this....It is so kind and thoughtful of you to post this information update each week. I think it plays a very big part in making this a most welcome site. We appreciate you SOOO MUCH.

And, to all the women facing surgery this week, may you breeze through it all and hurry back to us. We will see you on the Recovery Side soooooon.

I don't know what is up with me this weekend. I will be glad to get back to the "old me" or even the new and improved me. And, I have decided to ask my doctor if I can giggle the dose of my hormones and make the dose a bit higher just to see if that will help with the urinary incontinence thing. It is not stress incontinence and not urgent incontinence. So, I am back to thinking it might be a hormonal thing as in the past. I would love to get out of a second procedure with the urologist which is what is expected next. But, I might hold off for just a little bit to see if the problem gets resolved.

The guy from Roto Rooter didn't say what the problem was, but after two hours and a price tag that was not as bad as I'd expected, we have been happily draining since yesterday afternoon. And, the house has lost that smell that DH and I were going crazy over trying to find the source.

I will catch up with you on MSN soon. Take care, Mary
Helpful - 0
Thank-you so much for remembering....how do you keep track of all of us........your prayers will be very much appreciated...!!! I hope to sound just like NORTHGIORGIAGIRL when all is done and over with....!!!
Helpful - 0
My goodness, what a lot of medical procedures this week, it'll be great to have you all on the Recovery Side ladies!  Lots of prayers going out to all of you ('specially my little Jen/Braydensmom)

Yo Mary53,
You can't be talking about catheters and urinary stuff and Roto Rooter in the same sentence!  Scared the *&^%$ out of me!
Love, Katie
PS ...you saw my post "you know where".... I laughed when you said it scared you... scared me too... I must have been channelling at the time.... kinda like Brooke and Tom...olive branch.... I was feeling contrite... Thought I should act maturely, like Raven ....I am so over that!
Helpful - 0
Good luck to all...we'll be waiting for your posts when all of your surgeries are complete succeses!
Helpful - 0
132752 tn?1273342273
Sincerest thoughts and prayers for everyone, especially those who are preparing for surgery this week.  I'm hoping that it's going to be a week filled with only good news!
peace,
Anne
Helpful - 0
Thanks for listing all of these....I'll see you on the flip side!  Deb
Helpful - 0
Best wishes to everyone this week, I hope you all have good news, and easy recoveries as I have been blessed with!!  Take care, Shari
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
I don't mean to sound inappropriate ladies, but, gosh, when I saw your post Katie, I, too, just grinned. So, I re-read my post and now I am not sure I can stop laughing. Better work on my editing as it did sound like I use Roto Rooter for my Urology appointments. I promise I don't. Oh the visual I have!

Helpful - 0
I've been singing the jingle ever since....
OH and seriously I am so sorry to hear about your plumbing troubles... erm...ah... ahem...you know....both of em....
Helpful - 0
I will be praying for all of you this week.  I look forward to seeing all of you on the RS.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Thanks for keeping us up to date.  It really helps to know we're not alone!
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
I didn't mean I would "Giggle" my hormones. I thought I would "jiggle" them. Not even sure what that means. Maybe I could "tweak" them. Oh, brother.

Anyone heard from DebiR?

Hi to DebiR if you are around here. Hope to catch up with you soon. Mary
Helpful - 0
My goodness, what a busy week ahead of us.  I will praying for each and every one of you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.