Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
123128 tn?1189755827

recovery time please help

Can someone please tell me the recovery time of having laproscopic surgery? I have a cyst on my right ovary about 16cm its simple i guess just fluid filled. Dr was telling me they need to do laproscopic to drain it or what not then they need to scrape it off of my ovary i am assuming that consists of cutting my tummy. But what is the recovery time as far as being in the hospital? is it like a day surgery or is this going ot be longer then i am thinking? Can someone please help me
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
119341 tn?1232563757
I've gone through two c-sections. I was back to work in 5 weeks for both, but my job is sitting at a desk all day playing on a computer. But recovery when there is no complications isn't really that bad. I was able to take care of a one year old and infant with the help of my mom (for one week). Then I was on my own. You just have to take it easy and walk slow.

If you do end up having a c-section just know it really isn't that bad. Take care.

Paula
Helpful - 0
123128 tn?1189755827
well yeah they said if i had a c-section they would deal with it then BUT i really do not want a c-section i hear that is a very very rough recovery.. but i can only live it one day at a time and hope i deliver normally.
Helpful - 0
123128 tn?1189755827
Thank you both so much and the reason i asked is because i am pregnant right now actually almost 41wks just waiting for the day anyway after i have the baby i need to have this procedure and was wondering the recovery time because i have a baby to take care of and i don't want to be laid up but thank you both so much i appreciate it
Helpful - 0
I just had my surgery Friday and was out the same day. They hold you for 1-2 hours after surgery. They give you some crackers and something to drink and when they're sure you are ok off you go. MY prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.
Hugs,
Darlyn
Helpful - 0
If you're past due, maybe they'll do a c-section and take your cyst at the same time?  Just a thought.  Of course then you have to recover from the c-section.
Helpful - 0
I have been told to expect same day surgery, and 4 days to a week out of work.
Helpful - 0
hi, i have just had surgery on thursday last and today i feel great, no pain killers. your cyst is a lot bigger than mine and i only had exporitory surgery. also the fact that you are giving birth as well, i would say that alone takes it out of you. no-one can really say with yourself as your body will need to recover from delivery and then this, you poor thing, i hope all goes well, regards, karen
Helpful - 0
123128 tn?1189755827
Thank you very much. I am not going to have this surgery until 6-8wks after the baby is born unless i have a c-section. But i am definately not thrilled about all this i just wanted some advice from people who have been through all this. But i appreciate your comment
Helpful - 0
Hi Niki,

I am due to have the same type of surgery 4 weeks after a vaginal delivery or if I were to have a c-section take it out then.  I too am like "ok,how am I going to recover, while taking care of a newborn"?  From what I hear, the surgery is not very painful and downtime is pretty short.  Keep me posted on you and your baby!  My prayers are with you!

Helpful - 0
I left the hospital the same day last year when I had mine done.  The doctor told me I could go back to work in two days.  I thought that was a little soon, but it may be fine for you.  Good luck, and I will be praying for you.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
I had laparoscopic surgery to remove cyst, ovaries and tubes at 9:30am and walked out of the hospital at 3pm the same day. Usually it is same day surgery though there are sometimes circumstances which could make it an overnight stay.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.