Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovarian pain?

Hello again, I have a silly question.  I have been experiencing increasing pelvic pain on my right side, but I have a mass on the left.  I also have extreme tenderness in my pelvic area on the right side.  Could this be ovulation pain or something else?
Thank you for your help in advance.

Nicole
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
No, the chest pains are not in your head.  These are probably caused by anxiety brought on by your situation and fluxuating(sp) hormone levels.  Perhaps your dr. can prescripe an anti-anxiety med.  I have lorazapam and it works wonders.  I only take it when needed (which is mostly at night since that is when the real willies kick in)  I hope this helps.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
That general yuck feeling is (in my opinion) from the cyst.  There is something in your body that just does not belong and is causing you to feel bad.  I know I just felt crummy all the time, but could not pinpoint the cause.  I hope you get relief soon!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your help.  I guess that makes sense, but it's so weird.  Maybe the mass is pressing on a nerve as well because sometimes I feel pressure on my bladder.  Is it also normal to feel generally ill all the time?  The sooner I can get this "thing" out the better.  Thanks again for the help.
Nicole
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
They call this referred pain.  Go figure!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much...that actually makes a whole lot of sense.  I suppose there's no "magic pill" to make the yuck feeling go away.  Anyway, I'm playing the waiting game which has me so much on edge that I get chest pains (maybe that's all in my head too).  Sorry for rambling on, but it does help to get it all out.  Ok, again thank you for your insight.
Nicole
Helpful - 0
hi nic, all my pain was on my right side and my two fibroids and one mass were on the left. I still haven't figured out how that could have been! (my hysterectomy was last week so now I have nothing in there to give me pain - right or left!)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.