Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pain with endometriosis? Anyone?

What kind of pain comes along with endometriosis?  Can it hurt on one side?

Do u have to have surgery to diagnose it?
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I HAVENT BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ENDOMETRIOSIS,BUT I AM GOING THREW THE SAME THING MY DR. TOLD ME THAT I HAD QUITE A FEW CYSTS ON MY OVARIES THEN A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO I ENDED UP AT THE ER DUE TO ALL THE PAIN.  THE DR TOLD ME I HAD A COUPLE OF CYSTS RUPTURE.  I DID MY FOLLOW UP THIS PAST WEDNESDAY AND THE DR TOLD ME THAT I HAD 2 CHOICES
1.  I COULD REMOVE MY OVARIES OR
2.  I COULD HAVE A HYSTERRECTOMY
THE DR. RELEASED ME TO GO BACK TO WORK TODAY AND IT SEEMS LIKE IT WAS TOO EARLY.  WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Helpful - 0
Greenthumbs asked ..Untreated, can endometriosis cause one to have to have a hysterectomy?
It can cause a women to have a hysterectomy. If one knows that they have endo then they should get it (the endo) removed as soon as they can. Endo grows and it can attack the whole area if untreated. The thing is one usually doesnt know for sure they have this until surgery.
Helpful - 0
I was not aware that I had endo. until I woke up from having my hysterectomy, and the doctor told me then.  I have always had bad cramping and heavy bleeding.  I know that these are both symptoms of endo.  I wish I had more info, but I know others will be able to give you better information.  I will be praying for you.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Hello! I am the endometriosis queen. Yes, it hurts in all kinds of places. Sometimes when I sneeze it feels like a rubberband is pulling on my ovary. It is crampy, it feels like a knife is stabbing inside of you during intercourse. Typically the only way to diagnose it is with a laproscopy. DON'T PUT IT OFF, especially if you want to have/more children.
Helpful - 0
Untreated, can endometriosis cause one to have to have a hysterectomy?
Helpful - 0
This is my first post here. I was nosing around because I have severe endometriosis.... well I did. I had surgery 6 weeks ago and they removed a lot of endometriosis plus one ovary and tied the other side off. Your question was about the pain associated with this disease. I had a lot of pain due to the cysts that I had and these cysts were due to the endometriosis being there. I usually had pain on only my left side and the pain was bad. I also had pain that started going down into my left leg, this was due to the scar tissue. They do say that one can have no pain at all with this though. I had the pain for a very long time and it never went away, I only wish I had the surgery sooner. Now I will see what happens... Good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
I'm looking at having my Uterus removed due to Endometriosis. I'm going to the Womens Hospital on the 5th June to see a new Gyno.
Kate
Helpful - 0
The long and short of endo is ladies with it mild can suffer more pain than those with it severe, there are no hard and fast rules about how much pain it causes, it can cause pain only during periods or it can cause pain constantly, the areas the pain affects tends to depend where the endo is situated as well. It also mimics other gyne diseases as well and it can only be diagnosed with a lap.
Helpful - 0
I'm not sure how they diagnose endometriosis, but there are lots of treatments for it.  Different women get better results with different treatments.  Some women get relief from birth control pills.  There's also a shot called Lupron, you take it monthly but you can only take it for 6 months (it puts you into temporary menopause).

Best advice is talk to your gyn.
Helpful - 0
My wife had mild endometriosis about 10 years ago on righ-hand overy.  Monthly pains came from the fact that ovary had re-attached itself to abdominal scar from appendectomy and "tugged" at the old scar.

Laproscopy freed-up the ovary and removed mild endometriosis.  Post surgery routine was Ok for my wife, but quite bloated (they pump bowels full of nitrogen to keep other organs away from the work area).

Woman in post-op in next bed was in much more pain for the same routine.  I also think she was having much more wooziness due to anesthesia.

All in all, if Dr. says to get rid of it, I'd opt for the laproscopic surgery instead of living with it unabated.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.