A
Close

Rescue My Daughter, Please!

lhy
My daughter is 19-year old. When she was 11, she was found suffering from
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ihy,

Go online to St Jude's Hospital and get a contact number or email.  St Jude's is a free hospital here that does wonderful things!!

Keep us posted.

Helpful - 0
The most common name for this type of mass is...dermoid.  Now you know what the discussion is about!

These cysts/tumors are common, but fortunately they are rarely cancerous.  In younger women (girls) the dermoids are usually very cystic (more fluid) in composition.  In older women, the dermoids are  commonly more  solid in nature.  Unfortunately, the doctors are correct; they simply will not know if the cysts are malignant or benign until surgery.  Furthermore, the cysts could rupture, causing infection.

As to why your daughter has repeated incidents with these cysts, I have no suggestion as this problem of repeated, bilateral cysts does not seem to be very common with dermoids.  Has she been checked for hormonal disruptions or imbalances?
Helpful - 0
I wish I could help but I'm unfamiliar with Multiple Cystic Mature Teratoma.  Perhaps someone else here has heard the term.  There are women here who have had repeated surgery for repeated ovarian cysts, so that is not unheard of.

Best wishes, I hope you can find some information.
Helpful - 0
I don't have any good information for you as I'm unfamiliar with what you described, however, you may find some valuable guidance and iformation on the Johns Hopkins Medical Center website. Worth a try. Best to you
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.