Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ovary removed/grew back

at age 27, my uterus was removed.  At age 36 my rt ovary was removed.  I had hip and leg pain (rt side) Dr. did MRI, said that I had a cyst on my rt ovary.  Surprise - I don't have a rt ovary.  Was sent for sono.  I have a rt ovary.  Apparently the tissue regenerated and has attached itself to my bowel.  This has been an education. The Dr. wants to do another sono in 6 weeks.  Is this normal - does it pose issues?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey fungirl,
I was having hip pain and a feeling of constriction in my thigh vein.  Funny thing is that when I had the internal sonogram, they were pushing on my lower extremities quite a bit - After that, the pressure stopped and the hip pain.  The only thing I could contribute it to was that they had shifted something.  I had been dealing with it for 8 months and my leg would give out from underneath me.  That was why I had the MRI.  Happy Mother's Day to everyone!
Helpful - 0
Hey Kerry,
I can not imagine the surprise you must have felt when the doctor came in and told you that you have a cyst on your right ovary!!  What an even bigger surprise that you ACTUALY do have a right ovary.  I had my last ovary out 3 weeks ago and have to see the doctor tomorrow because I feel just like I did befor the surgery (lower back pain, pain in the lower stomach, hip pain, etc).  Did you feel like this?  It is driving me CRAZY!!.  Sorry I do not have any information for you.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Thank you.  Just don't know much about this.  Doctor's are not much help.  Every time they keep an eye on something, I wind up having surgery.  Between lumpy breasts, regrowth of ovaries, and cysts I just want to give up.  I am always healthy until I hit the door of the Dr.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Welcome!  Sounds like you have Ovarian Remnant Syndrome.  There are many woman who have had this happen.  Rare, but there!!  Just remember that 99% of ovarian cysts are Benign.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.