Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Surgery is tomorrow. Getting scared.:(

Well, I was feeling calm about it until today and now I'm really really getting nervous! I wil be getting a laparotomy because the cyst is so big. I'm having a spinal and sedation. I can't wait til this is over. I'm going to post a seperate question asking about the anesthesia.

Wish me luck...

Becky
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
132752 tn?1273342273
Becky...When you've been waiting around, it feels as if surgery day will never come.  Thank God, it's just about here.  Of course you're going to have some level of anxiety about it, but rest assured that we're all sending you the type of support, good wishes and prayers that can only come from women who have walked this same path.  Stay strong.  I can't wait to hear your good news when you reach the RS.
peace,
Anne
Helpful - 0
Becky~
I share your nerves... (my sx is next week).
Hang in there, and as hard as it seems, try not to think about it. I found that with my last surgery (diff. prob) that doing routine things took my mind off it. I did probably every scrap of laundry in my house, and all of my dishes (and glasses, and vases, etc) were sparkling clean :D
Next thing I knew, it was time for bed.
Hang in there... and don't forget to post sometime so we know you're doing alright!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You are in my thoughts and prayers!  Looking forward to hearing from you on the RS.  Don't worry, we are here for you especially when the willies start setting in!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Hi,

I was in the same boat as you only two weeks ago yesterday and I know how scary it seems, but it goes by very quickly and before you know it you are on the RS.  My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Michele
Helpful - 0
I will be thinking of you as well.  Mine is next week so I am not nervous yet!  It will be over before you know it!  Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Good luck to you, try to relax tonight, play with your boys & enjoy the evening, everything will be done soon, and you can move on. I am almost 3 weeks post total hysterctomy, had large masses on both ovaries, I have to tell you it wasn't that awful, the first few days are not fun but it really gets better pretty quickly. Let people help you afterward, even if you feel better. Best wishes, Shari
Helpful - 0
Good luck, prayers with you.
Helpful - 0

My surgery was three weeks ago, also for an enormous mass. I had a laparotomy too, and was just as terrified as you are. Be calm and peaceful -- things will smoothly tomorrow. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Also, I answered you above about my own experience with a spinal and sedation. It was the BEST way to go, and I have no regrets at all about my choice. No headache or nausea either.
*hugs*
Annette
Helpful - 0
Good luck tomorow. I am having the same surgery done in about 2 weeks and I am pregnant!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and please hurry back and tell us how it went.
Helpful - 0
GOOD LUCK AND MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU..
Helpful - 0
In the wise words of Henry Ward Beecher:

Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith.
              ...Henry Ward Beecher

Good Luck,I will be thinking of you!

Tammy
Helpful - 0
Becky,
Good luck tomorrow.  I will be sending good thoughts and prayers you way.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.