Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

The cleansing...

I will apologize in advanced now but just thought I would share.  I am doing a cleanse in prep for surgery on Monday.  Unfortunately, the laxative has just started kicking in.  It is going to be a lonnnnggg night.  I just hope that the cleansing process ends before Monday morning.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm cleansing today too, for a colonoscopy (they think I have adhesions from previous c-sections and hysto).  So far I'm doing better than I expected, I hope you are too!

Nice to know there's someone else doing this on Mothers Day!

I brushed my teeth after I drank the stuff to get rid of the taste.  Last night's 10 oz of Magnesium Citrate actually tasted better than the Lemon/Lime Gatorade I tried to follow it up with.  But this morning's 1 oz of phosphate stuff in 7-Up made me gag.

I also weighed myself before this started, just curious to see how much I lose.  I know it will all come back, it's water weight (sigh).
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Lucky!  I had the gallon size prescription stuff that tastes like alkaselzer gone bad!  Drop by Cyber Party GreenThumbs!  Mary V
Helpful - 0
Fortunately I was able to just something over the counter.  I took Magnesium Citrate, cherry flavor.
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
It will, do you have a candy sucker or something to take the vague nasty aftertaste away?  That worked for me as I struggled through the whole dang Gallon!  MV
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.