Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Is this normal for adnormal ovaries

Thank goodness I schedule surgery on wednesday. This whole mess is about to drive me up a wall. Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has this happening. My stomach is swollen right above my hysterectomy scar it was bikini line. I look about 4 mths along on my right side and 3mths along on my right. The swelling is hard to the touch but not necessarily painful. I also wondered if anyone got sores anywhere Ive got 2 on my head that act like dandruff but when you mess with them they bleed and scab over. To add insult to injury I have a new one in my nose. All this on top of the embarrassing gi upsets. Was just wondering if these new annoyances could be related. Tis bad enuff to run to bathrooms but would rather not pick at nose and head. Any advice is always appreciated. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Erika&name=Mishelle
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What time is it where you are?  It is 12:27 AM here in Iowa....I don't have any answers for you but I didn't want you to feel as if you are alone.....I am here too if that matters and I really will be glad for you when this is all in your past....I know you will be too.
Those sores must be maddening.
I know the routine with the bathroom....for some reason whenever we eat out I find myself searching for a bathroom is sheer panic.....not so bad at home because I know where that bathroom is!
Breathe deeply....and be glad in not so long from now you will know what is going on.....the dreaded surgery will be behind you and you will know what is up. You will be able to deal with whatever comes your way.....I know that and I am certain you do too....besides, there is really no choice......soon you should have some answers..
I will be listening for you.
Peace
dian
Helpful - 0
It is 1050 here in HOT Az. I would be so happy for cooler temps. Its about 80 degrees still here. I make a point to not frequent places that I dont know where the bathrooms are. Erika
Helpful - 0
I have a 25 year old son living in Mesa...he said it is quite warm there....oh...kiddo.....I feel terrible for you....hopefully things will get better real soon.....certainly it should....don't allow yourself to become defeated....hang in there.....are you able to stay cool?
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
I am in really in good spirits. I am about 70 miles away from Mesa. To keep cool we sit in one spot and do everything really early or really late. I am concerned about surgery and am gonna go over path report from hyst with a fine tooth comb. I am more concerned with hematoma problems but know the statistics of that happening again are slim to nothing. The little girl I take care of is asking alot of questions. Believe it or not am comfortable talking to her. We both get a kick out of me saying excuse me but gotta run potty break. Her mom is still having a hard time and cant believe I am so matter of fact since I had hyst for dysplasia/hypersplasia. Well gotta get to bed gotta go to work tomarrow. Take care. Erika
Helpful - 0
Please say your prayers and god bless your dreams....you will be in my dreams and I am waiting to hear your voice when you have  your surgery behind you.....
Peace kiddo.
dian
Helpful - 0
Hi Mishelle, the scaly spots on your scalp sound like seborrhea or psoriasis. You could try an OTC medicated shampoo containing tar. I have had this too and it really helps.

Linda J
Helpful - 0

Cysters --
I agree with Linda that the spots/sores are probably sebhorreic dermatitis and unrelated to ovarian problems. My dermatologist recommended over the counter hydrocortisone cream, applied twice a day. Believe me -- it works!
Good luck.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I got a really bad sunburn on my scalp (where my hair parts), talk about flakes...lol  Anyway, sounds like the ladies are right and an otc shampoo should take care of it.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.