Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

HELP ME SOMEBODY PLEEEEEESE

One week after sergery I hadnt yet had a bowel movement.I called the doctor and she told me to take the magnesium I took before sergery.I did that,lastnight I was on the toilet all night and now today I feel worse in the stomach area then I did the day after sergery.Is that normal.My lower back hurts and the bottom of my stomach soooo bad I walk in a slump.Is that from the laxitive or just normal or something to be alormed about.

P.S I know this sounds nasty but I feel comfortible with you guys!
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'll take a mini miracle in tab form, thanks!
Helpful - 0
Hi Nanik, I have switched to the Fiber Choice Chewable tablets, They are orange flavored and really not that bad. Have you tried them? I think they are working too. That's a miracle for me ;-)

Linda J
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Hi Hershe,
     So does it feel like muscle pain?  I know it is hard to sort out the pains on the RS and you sound like you are suffering a bit of a setback, that always stinks!  but I agree that although a laxitive is usually not recommended due to the aftermath, which you may be feeling the affects of, that it is good that you got the old bowels to finally move!  It took me a week too and the gas pain was miserable!  Like trading one pain for another!  Anyway, if you don't feel a little better tomorrow, call your doctor!  He/she would want to know.  I also agree with Stir about the diet and also would suggest keeping water to drink at hand at all times, it makes a difference!  Hang in there Hershe!  Mary V
Helpful - 0
LindaJ is right you can get impacted & it is dangerous, my grandmother (on fathers side) died when he was a young boy from an impacted bowel.. If you don't go soon than go the the ER they can help.  I have trouble going due to all the pain meds that I take and the only thing that works for me is Oxy-powder(vegetarian capsules and I take 3 at nite & no prblms in the am). Once the ER clears you up you should try them but check with your doctor first. Good luck.....
Helpful - 0
yeah it does fill like a muscle or something.I dont know but it didnt happen until after I tried to use it.I have to go t the dr.today to have the staples removed anyway.I did use it after the laxitive.My pain was down to a min.I have never been a fan af meds. so I was only takeing motroin but like you guys says it feels like sore muscles or something.
Ill let you guys know,I am headed to the dr. now.
HUGs and Kisses
Helpful - 0
me too, what Linda J said. I just read the warning label on Citrocel and you can choke if you dont drink enough with it!! Seems like veggie tabs would be safer?
Helpful - 0
Nikki, I'd be interested in knowing more about these vegetable tablets you take for constipation. I've been constipated most of my life. lol. I'm  taking fiber tablets to help. Where do you buy what you take? Any noticeable side effects?

Linda J
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Glad to hear you are finally getting some relief.  Let us know what the dr. says!  Take it easy and rest.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
So sorry to hear you're not feeling well, hershe.  I wish I could say or do something to make your symptoms better, but what I can do is empathize based on my similar experience.  I had the same problem, and I had no "action" for 8 days after surgery.  When mild success happened, I had similar stomach pains as those you mention, and now, going on two weeks after surgery,  I continue to have problems, which is likely due to the pain meds and antibiotics I've been taking since (in addition to my regular meds).  

Things that seem to be helping a bit are eating fiber-rich foods that won't upset my stomach (think brown rice, oatmeal, etc) and spending a lot of time with my heating pad (which as an extra bonus seems to help a bit with incision pain, too).  

I hope you feel better soon and are up and at 'em in no time!
Helpful - 0
Hi,as one who suffers from chronic constipation, it is my bet that you strained some stomach muscles when your laxative finally kicked in. I week is a long time to go. I speak from experience though when i say it is good you didn't let it go on longer. You can actually end up impacted. Hope you feel better soon.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.