Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Q on pathology and exercise

How long should the pathology take to get here?

I had my surgery done on the 8th. And that's 9 days ago.

I had a multiseptated complex 10cm cyst.. I've only just found out the 'multiseptated' part and my research didn't have very much good to say about that. I'm a little worried it's taking long. Is 9 days long?

2nd question! I'm recovering really well. I actually went shopping (to my mother's horror) a week after surgery. But I'm worried that maybe how I generally feel is a step ahead of how my body is inside. And if I 'listen to my body' and have 'my body tell me what I should and should not do' at 2 weeks after my laparotomy and go on a bike ride could that be a damaging thing for the parts of me healing inside?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I actually had my post-op recheck just yesterday, and she didn't even tell me what the results were. I was just kinda out of it from being tired and still in pain, and the whole 'hormonal menopause' thing threw me for a loop.
Helpful - 0
My surgery was Wednesday, I had my path results the following Tuesday. Today is two weeks post op for me and my doc says I can drive now (eh hum, I already was but only because I HAD to). He tells me SIX full weeks of taking it easy, no lifting, no strenuous anything ..walking is okay but not "power" walking.

I am paranoid about messing up something that he did such a good surgical job on so I'm doing my best to followhis orders, except of course on that driving thing. LOL
Helpful - 0
I was feeling good and thought I could get back to normal things but then had a set back. My doc said definately no normal activities (sex,bending,lifting, twisting,etc)for two more weeks. Even though we feel well and the incisions look good he said that our insides have had trauma. Any jolting or moving around of the inside tissues where they worked should be avoided. Mine was only laparoscopic so you should definately take it easy. Run any q's by your doctor as I was a little shocked as such simple tasks you don't take into consideration.
I'd say bike riding is out for now. Take care!
HUgs,
Darlyn
Helpful - 0
You guys are so lucky to have doctors who actually gave you INSTRUCTIONS! My gyne told me absolutely nothing after my lap. I've been learning from reading the forum. I'm "dumping" her and switching to a new gyne next week. Hoping he is more informative.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
I would let my body heal quite a bit more before jumping on that Bike, unless you are a female Lance Armstrong and there is no stopping you!!!  Good Luck and give yourself a little time :)
Helpful - 0
nanik: Haha!
You sound like you're doing good. Do you feel good (/given everything)?

My doc told me I'm not allowed to travel home for 6 weeks (Only because it's 6 hours away) and I'm being good on that one. My bike isn't too strenuous though. And technically I'd be sitting down. I don't know how to fit it into the schedule.

Linda: I agree

I love my gyno (She's amazing <3), but shes not very accessible. I might just be being presumptious but she's an NHS dr (England), so busy and has so many patients that I can't imagine she'd ever call me for anything, I'm amazed enough when she just remembers who I am. There are a lot of lucky people here to get so much time and information from their drs.

Everyone:

It's just so frustrating though cause there's so much guess work involved. In the hospital I was waltzing about the ward whilst people were walking like I'd been doing the day after my op. It's probably cause of my age (19). So I'm physically sped up but with the schedule still at it's instructed pace. There doesn't seem to be much info around on how you heal inside either, what your body has to do inside or what stages you go through - it's all about mobilisation and variable things like that. It's such a 'room with no doors' situation.

I think everyone's so great just to be able to keep themselves sane and occupied during recovery.

Thank you for the reassurance on the pathology!
Finding out what cyst you have is such a 'lucky bag' sort of thing, and I'm terribly impatient.

kathyo: Haha! I didn't know who Lance Armstrong was, but I looked him up; great story!
Helpful - 0
I had my results 2 days after surgery.  My gyn was pretty adament about wanting to get the results.  Please let your body heal before you start doing any stranious exercise.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You do need to be carefull as it does take the body a while to catch up to how you think you feel!!  Pathology sometimes takes up to 2 weeks, but call your dr. and see if they have the report back yet.  It couldn't hurt to ask.  Glad to hear you are doing well.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.