Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Fever after 5 weeks post-op

Hi everyone, I started running a fever today(100.5), have had severe pain in my lower stomach (on both sides where my ovaries were), and I am achey all over. Do you think this is something I need to see the doctor about, or do you think maybe it is just the flu?  I have been having pain in the right side for over a week and a half, went to doctor and she is refering me to the surgeon who assisted during my surgery.  I am seeing him next Tuesday.  She also thinks I am depressed and it is coming out in chronic pain(???, has anyone ever heard of this?  I have wondered if I have ORS, but do not think my gyn would even check into that (I think she would be offended that I am questioning if she got everything or not).  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  As always, thank you for your great advice and friendship.  Kasie
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I doubt it is a virus...temps don't usually accompany viruses...you should see your doctor today or go to the E.R. ..waiting is not a good idea.
Peace
dian
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
Please contact your dr. or go to the ER!  
~Tascha
Helpful - 0

Please see your doctor as soon as possible, or else go to the ER.

It's quite possible that you do have 'flu or something minor, but anyone who runs a fever that close to a major operation needs to be checked out.

Let us know how things go. Do see a doc before next Tuesday.
*Hugs*
Annette
Helpful - 0
Hi there, I think it could be just a virus. But, it's better to get things checked out. I doubt you have ovarian remnant syndrome, but I have to admit the thought has crossed my mind more than once too. I had my surgery 8 weeks ago and my left side still hurts at times like the ovary is still there. It's so weird. I am wondering if it is like phantom pain?

Hope you feel better and let us know what the doc has to say.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.