Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Incision site swellings

As y'all know, I had surgery yesterday. Still quite ouchy. Hard to breathe because of the large gas bubble lodged under my ribcage (but at least it's out of my shoulder...was so bad that I thought I had a blood clot or something there).
Last night and this am my belly button incision was painful but soft. This afternoon it is hard and swollen with a reddish bruise line (maybe) extending downward. The other three incisions are ok, a bit puffy around them, but not bad. Just the belly button incision is doing it.
Dr. recommended warmth, and I'll try it, but since they had to scrape and laser all around the outside of the uterus from the endo, and the belly button area is right about the top curve of the uterus, could the swelling be related to the scraping/lasering and not the incision?
I am watching for infection ( I know what infection looks like far too well), but also wondering if infection would be able to break through the derma-bond gel.
Sorry for the rambling novel... the percoset is finally(!) kicking in and dulling the pain.
Thanks again for everyone's help! I really, really appreciate y'all!
~Marianne
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, Abdominal Bloating was started.
Helpful - 0
Hi, my belly button incision was, and is, my worst one. I am 8 weeks out and it still hurts. Somedays I can't stand to have my pants rub against it. I had bruising, and my doc claims that is normal. I'm not sure?

Take it easy and hope you feel better soon. Just rest and let your body heal.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
Hey, cyster!  Glad you are feeling better....I'll think of you when I have my next darvocet.  Hope you are taking it easy this weekend!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
At least you are home and recovering!!  You sound like you know what to look for with infection, so make sure you keep on top of that.  The incisions will look a little swollen and bruised for a bit, tissue trauma after all.  Take it easy and rest!
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.