Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Numbness

Is it normal to have numbness in the area around your incision?
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
117289 tn?1391712825
Yes.  Nerves are cut and therefore you will have some.  Sometimes feeling comes back, other times not.  I still have numbness at my c-section scar (13 yrs ago 5/25!!)
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
I just noticed that my ankles are swollen.  Is this normal?   I feel I am going to the bathroom adequately.
Helpful - 0
I have also been wearing socks all day so I have taken them off and will go elevate but I guess I need to increase my fluid intake?
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
That would be a good idea.  The increased fluid will help with the bms.  Rest, put your feet up, take a nap:-)
~Tascha
Helpful - 0

A thought -- drink Cranberry juice! Not only will it hydrate you and help flush the swelling out of your ankles, it will also (hopefully) prevent UTI from the catheter. Wish I'd thought of that great idea for myself four weeks ago, LOL!
Helpful - 0
It's normal. I'm a week and a few days post-op now and have less numbness than before, but it's still there.
Helpful - 0
You're numb? I envy you... Three of my incisions don't hurt unless I touch them, but I wish the 4th was numb. Ow. It's so bruised that it hurts just sitting still.
Helpful - 0
I agree with LitDoc...cranberry juice is great.  If you don't like the tartness of it, fill your glass with 1/2 water, 1/2 cranberry and use lots of ice.  Makes it feel more like a cocktail, and it is easier to tolerate :)  I actually drink it everyday, but because it's every day, I use 2/3 water, 1/3 cranberrry.  Every little bit helps.
Helpful - 0
You ladies are great!!!  I will definitely do the cranberry juice thing.  I actually have some cranberry juice as well.  Let me go, my nurse is here - mom....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.