Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

where is everyone?

hey ladies...where are you all..ive tried catching up on the post,and am not seeing any of from most of the regs..my daughter was admitted to childrens hospital monday,she was squaded from her school monday to the local er here,then transported by the childrens hospital intensive care mobile unit to childrens hospital....how are you all doing??
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
wanted to add,she got relased this evening...
Helpful - 0
Hi sonie, I am so sorry to hear your daughter was ill. How is she doing now? We have all been wondering where you have been.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
Wow, it's always scarry when its one of the kids.  I assume she is ok if she was released.  I was spared most of that type of thing. Only time we had take our son to the Sick Kids, in Toronto, was when he took part of a finger off at a spring break sports camp.  He was only 7 but he never forgot it.  Other than a slightly deformed finger he was fine.  Even that little outing was scarry enough.  How old is your daughter?  
I don't know if the post from the medhelp people discouraged some of the folks from posting.  If you scan down a couple of days you will see it.  I think it was just a slap on the wrist.
What am I doing up at 1am.  Got to go back to bed soon.
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Hi Sonie,
     Was it Abbi or Chloe?  Is she hanging in there?  Poor Baby!  And I am not sure if I mean your girl or you!  I suppose Ben went to the hospital and you were at home worried sick!!!!  I am so sorry you had such a charged day!  I bet you are just exhausted!  Lotsa Love!  Mary V
Helpful - 0
Oh Sonie I am so sorry to hear about your daughter , it is so scary when one of the kids get sick. I always feel that when I am sick I know what to do but when one of my kids arent feeling well I am clueless about what to do. I hope she is feeling better. You and her are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. Erika
Helpful - 0
hey all thanks for your thoughts and prayer..now mary,you know me better than that!!ive been at the hospital since monday with her..as sick as she was,we thought we might loose her,there was no way i was leaving her..shes feeling some better,still not up to par yet,but im sure she will get there..i just hate the not knowing what it is thats wrong with her.and those hospital rooms are not parent friendly..lol.i had to sleep in a chair sitting upright everynight,and my legs and feet are swollen like you cant even imagine..ill post tomorrow after we get back from her peds office,and let you all know how shes doing,and what the doc had to say....love ya all..sonie..p.s..its abbi mary
Helpful - 0
108861 tn?1227246048
Give Abbi a kiss and a hug for me Sonie, you are right, I suspected you toughed it out at the hospital but not a Mother here doesn't understand the strength possible when it's your little one!  Luv ya Sis!  MV
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
MY, my my.  Your poor baby (and you).  Give her lots of hugs from me and here is one for you too (((((hug))))).  You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
~Tascha
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
You poor thing. When my Savannah was in the hospital Easter. They gave us a room I had a regular bed, she had a crib. Of course she slept with me in this little twin bed IV and all. It wasn't too comfortable for me, but I managed. They should of at least gave you a cot to sleep in. Something other than a chair. I'm glad to hear she's doing better. There is nothing worse than seeing your baby attached to an IV crying she wants to go home.
Helpful - 0
Oh Sonie I am so sorry about your daughter!! On top of everything you have been going thru. You are such a strong and determined lady I just know you will get through all this. You are an inspiration for us all. God Bless!!!
HUGS,
Darlyn
Helpful - 0
I'm so relieved to hear from you, Sonie, but so sorry to hear about your daughter.  I hope they'll be able to figure out what's going on with her soon and that she's up and at 'em in no time.  My best thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you.
Helpful - 0
Thinking of you and Abbi Sonie. I am glad that Abbi is home. Please both of you take care. There is no place like home!!      Kathy
Helpful - 0
Sonie,
You and Abbi will most definately be in my prayers.  What a scary thing for parents to go through.  I am glad that she is feeling better.  I know how exausting it is at the hospital.  I have spent endless hours with my asmatic son in the hospital.  I hope you get a good nights rest,because I know you have not been feeling the best either.  How is your incision doing?  I pray you all have a great weekend.  Keep us posted.   Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.