Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ultra sound results looking for advise from woman with wisdom and experience

The following are my results pending approval by radiology.  Does anyone feel I should take it upon myself and get into OBGYN now?  Or should I wait the wait of 4 -6 weeks for a follow up Ultra sound?  I feel worst since all this started and I am sure part has to be stress, which by the way I do not handle well.  What exactly is a complex cyst, and do they ususally remove these?  Not to sound selfish but the Make A Wish foundation is granting my daughters wish in June with a trip to Mexico.  Should I worry about the trip?  
Real-time ultrasound examination of the pelvis by tranabdominal and endovaginal approach is performed.  The uterus measures 9.8 x 4.6 x 5.6 cm with an endometrial stripe thickness of 11 mm, which may or may not be normal for this patient depending on her cycle.  There is a circumscribed heterogenous rounded mass in the uterus measuring 2.6 cm in diameter, consistent in appearance with a uterine fibroid.  The left ovary is not clearly visualized.  The right ovary measures  3.1 x 2.2  x 2.0  cm and demonstrates a 1.6 - cm hypoechoic area which cannot be classified as a simple cyst at this time.  There in no significant free fluid identified.
IMPRESSION
1. NONVISUALIZATION OF LEFT OVARY
2. LIKELY UTERINE FIBRIOD AS DESCRIBED
3. CANNOT EXCLUDE ENDOMETRIAL STRIPE THICKENING AT 11 MM
4.  COMPLEX CYST IN THE RIGHT OVARY AS DESCRIBED
5.  BASED ON THE ABOVE FINDINGS, RECOMMEDN FOLLOW-UP ULTRASOUND IN 4 - 6 WEEKS TO EVALUATE FOR CHANGE/ RESOLUTION.
*ATTENTION*
THIS REPORT IS PENDING APPROVAL BY RADIOLOGY AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS THE FINAL REPORT.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am taking a Motrin 800 once a day by chance on my own...the day I saw the doctor I went to take a bath, (felt awful after 7 weeks of bleeding) and fell in my tub.  Ouchh!! And doctor did not even address this when I went in even though I told him.  By next day I was pretty sore and neck hurt I went back and saw another doctor for this and had X Rays.  This issues is getting MUCH better with motrin.

Lower back and stomach just have a constant pressure.  Not anything so painful that I would normally want to see a doctor over.\
Thanks for all the help
Helpful - 0
None of my children know either about my situation and I am as smappy as hell.

Your partner seems to be loving and concerned.

Me and partner had huge row today very unusual.  Guess this is getting to us both.

I feel for you, I really do.  It is hard to cope with all of this.
Helpful - 0
I have a CT scan scheduled for Monday.   Meeting the gynae team next Thursday.  The docs are concerned but I'm going to Mallorca on 29 REGARDLESS.

I'd love to see Mexico sometime.

Give yourself a rest an enjoy holiday time with your children.

Helpful - 0
just not feeling up as usual.  Concern for being tired.  Sleep all last night than had a 2 hour nap today for no reason.  Lower back aches more, lower stomach has that feeling of just before a cycle and I am still on 6 birth control pills a day.  At least tomorrow I get to go to 2 pills a day.  I can't even find out if after intercourse I have bleeding because my partner feels we need to wait.   WAIT for what I am thinking LOL.  Just feeling stressed to no end.  None of my children know and snapping at all things is not helping life at home.  I don't even go to work.  I could carless if I go to work for the next week.
Helpful - 0
I read that complex cyst on woman over 40 can be malignate, but under are usually benighn
Helpful - 0
Coping is the worst part.  I think I may call an advise nurse and see if she thinks I should wait the 4-6 weeks or should I get into OBGYN.  My partner feels I need to follow up and not wait.  Funny thing he is usually right.   Thanks for the support
Helpful - 0
I understand your concern and frustration too. I'd follow up with the doc. Why wait? Why fill in the blanks?

With your stress, it makes sense that you would be tired. Sleeping is one way to escape the worry. And it would make sense that you are sore from the bleeding and then the incredibly high does of birth control pills.

BTW, my nurse practioner had me take ibuprofen but no more than 800 mg in 24 hours to control my bleeding. It's an off-label way to get it to slow down. You should ask to see if this is an option.

To me, at 45 (which is my age as well) I'm guessing one isn't short on estrogen (which is also in BCP) but that what is running short is progesterone (thus all the bleeding). Why add to the estrogen?????
Helpful - 0
Hi, I have had 3 ovarian cysts in my life and each time I waited 4-6 weeks. In 2 of those cases the cysts resolved on their own. So, I think you are safe doing the wait and watxh thing for 4-6 weeks and then repeating the ultrasound. You have a good shot at it resolving on its own.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
Hello Caw.....if this was my report I wouldn't be alarmed...I would simply retest in the reccomended time frame....have a wonderful trip with your daughter.
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.