Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pulled Muscle from a BM or Gas Pain??

Ok, weird and dumb question. Can you pull a muscle in your side from the first post-surgical BM? I (finally) had one this morning, and had to work a little, and now I have a muscle area or something on the right that's pretty sore. (Most of my sx was on the right). It's above my incisions but below my rib cage. I also think I have a gas bubble stuck under my lungs on the right as well.
Do you think the side ouch could be from the gas bubble? Or could I have pulled something. I didn't push hard, just steady. (I'd had been 4 days... I was leaning towards desperate).
Still tired and sore, especially at the belly button incision, but I guess doing ok. Got upstairs for a shower, so at least I don't smell anymore. My cats wouldn't come near me from the hospital smell :D
Thanks all, for any advice!
~Marianne
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thats what it is I went back to the dr. because I thought I had push something lose.I found out it was a strained muscle.I know its hard but when you feel that gas you gotta walk right then and there and itll pass quickly.I also took some gas-x.The gas is the biggest of my pain even now.Good luck
Helpful - 0
The gas is very uncomfortable... it's sitting now under my right breast and along the right side. But, I still have a pulling/sore feeling on the right when climbing into bed or reaching upwards. I really am wondering if I pulled a muscle or something.
I did have adhesions... could they reform this quickly?
(Sorry for all the weird questions... my gyn was 95% sure it was a dermoid, so the majority of my knowledge is about them. I know virtually nothing about endometriosis and it's effects. I don't even know how you get it!)
I'm relaxing now with some percoset, 800mg Motrin, Gas-X, and taking fiber drinks to help get stuff moving, and watching the Preakness. (Here's hoping for a Triple Crown Winner!)
Any info anyone can give on endo would be extremely helpful.
Thanks again all!
~Marianne
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.