A
A
A
Close

abdominal discomfort

Hi..
i had experience some syptomsa and i am worried
the syptoms i experinced are:
* abdominal discomfort & slightly pain on my right side that (come-and-goes) for More than a year..
*constipation (due 2 my diet that is poor in fiber & water)

i went to the MD, who Asked me 2 do a pelvis & abdomianl ultrasound.
the ultrasoud cameout normal..with both ovarain in normal size rang..no mass cyst or free fluid

please if u have any comment and anymore information please provide me
regards

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks suzsen for your information..
i am taking some fiber & medication constipation for the next three week..and hope thing are resolved..if not i ll dicuss with my doctor the other possibalities

regards
Helpful - 0
Your dr did the right tests, ultrasound is usually the best way to look at ovaries.  You were smart to consider ovarian cancer as a possible cause of your trouble, most people don't know that!  But if your ovaries are normal there could be something else causing your trouble.  Maybe Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Also, if you've had abdominal surgery (c-sections, a hysterectomy, appendectomy, etc) or if you have a history of endometriosis, you could have scar tissue or adhesions which can cause symptoms.  Unfortunately scar tissue & adhesions aren't easily seen on any scans, drs usually find them when they do surgery.

Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.