Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How fast can adhesions reform?

Dumb question... How fast can adhesions from endo re-form?
I have an odd pulling feeling when I stand up at the belly button. Don't know if it's from the healing scar tissue or something else.
I also have an area on my right side where it feels like I maybe pulled a muscle or something. It's sore and hurts to move in certain ways (especially turning or getting comfortable in bed at night..moving around). Feels like it's pulling or like the muscles lock or something?
(plus the weird tingling on the right is getting annoying)
I apparently had an endometrial cyst that leaked endo all over, and had adhesions around the ovary and such. Surgery was a week ago today. I'm assuming that the endo was lasered and scraped away (from the diazapam and morphine haze I was in after surgery I didn't assimilate all that much :)
Can adhesions re-form this quickly? Any advice?
~Marianne
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Count me in as having the "stretchy, pully" feeling too. Some days seem better than others, but I definitely have weird sensations around my navel, expecially when reaching and bending.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
Sorry to hear your feeling that stretchy pully feeling ..I had several surgeys(4) in a 3month period and by the second one 2 weeks after the first ...I had formed massive amounts ....but that's me ...But I do know it's possible .. Look under my post on adhesion complications(scroll down the page a bit ) ..Mary53 gave me some excellent advice about adhesions and I intend to put  it to good use when I am recovered from my surgery ...Makes perfect sense to me ...Maybe it will help you as well when you are fully recovered..
Good Luck..Confused Lex
Helpful - 0
Marianne,
Hi, hope you are feeling a bit better this afternoon.  According to the general surgeon I saw yesterday, he said you can start feeling the pain from adhesions and scar tissue as early as a couple weeks post-op.  I hope this helps a little.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.