Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

After Cancer Diagnosis - How long did it take for you to have a CT Scan?

I was wondering how long any of you waited for CT Scan to see if the cancer spread to other organs.  

I have to wait till next Monday and I'm not happy about this.  I don't know if it's the stress of my Lap or the news of the malignancy but I've been exhausted over the past few days.  More so than normal and I don't know how I'm supposed to wait a whole week to see if it's spread.  Any advice??  I have to make my Oncologist appt. on Tuesday.  Lucky me, having a diagnosis pre-holiday weekend!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had my repeat CT scan three weeks after my last chemo, then a week wait for the result and then they found "some lesions on my liver" and I don't have an appointment for an ultrasound until July 3 and then the results the 17th!!!ACK!!!
Helpful - 0
It's good to know I'm not the only one up at 4AM sometimes!  I still breast feed my son so I want to stay away from any prescriptions until he's done.  But maybe there are some natural alternatives I can try.
Helpful - 0
Thanks all for the feedback.

FYI- Cole is 11 mo's old.
Helpful - 0
At a womens' conference I was at for work recently, it was led by a breast-cancer survivor.  She said that she took 2 Tablespoons of Red TART Cherry Juice every day and that it had the same effect as 10 Tylenol.

Just got some, but can't say for sure yet if it is for real.

Helpful - 0
I am not at the point you are yet, but I know anxiety is eating me up and making my symptoms worse until I come here and talk.  Then, I feel better--even physically--for awhile.  But once everyone is is bed and this board activity dies down, I get more worked up and in more pain.

I am 48, so I'm not normally up to 2 or 4 in the morning.  I have been taking pain medication AND Ativan (10mg), a mild tranquilizer to get to sleep.  I had taken it years ago and as long as you don't stay on it forever, it's not addictive.  You can even get in 5mg.  It just takes the edge of my anxiety down a notch and allows me to finally relax enough to sleep.

Hope this helps.  I know you don't have an Ativan just lying around the house tonight, though--so I will be here if you need to talk.  Also, warm tea (esp. chamomile) can help.

Hang in there!

PS:  How old is Cole?
Helpful - 0
135691 tn?1271097123
I had a CT scan done as a diagnostic tool, as they didn't know why I was having bladder issues. Once I was told I had tumors in my stomach (borderline is what they called them) I had to wait another 3 weeks for my surgery. The waiting can be unbearable - I just wanted these tumors out and didn't want them to keep growing! Stay calm - I know that is so much easier said than done. Sleeping pills or anti-depressants might also help.
Helpful - 0
Your problem is both - the physical stress of the surgery, and the depressingly frightening diagnosis of cancer.  Talk to your doctor about your feelings - your emotional feelings as well as the physical feelings -  as it should help to have a reference to a support group and it might very well be worth considering an anti-depressant medication.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.