Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Itching Remedies

Anyone have any remedies for when your incision starts itching?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I can't think of the name of the product but there use to be something to put on kids when they had chicken pox to stop the itching.  Also, if you have any chlortripolon it can help with itching as it works as a histamine inhibitor(I think).  Hope something helps.  I am sure it get worse at bedtime because I have exzema and it bothers me more before I fall asleep.
Helpful - 0
106886 tn?1281291572
Hi green thumbs. Hey livertrans, you might be thinking of Caledral...now that I am trying to spell it, it does not look right. Wow, when I saw your post I went back in time...do I remember the itching. Now if I could remember the name of the cream. A doctor gave me some ointment..it might have been Aquafor (sp?)...you know...I would call the doc on this one. Ask the doctor or nurse what they recommend. Or, check with a pharmacist. I know how bad it can get, so best be prepared.

Mary
Helpful - 0
Mary 53.  I remembered the name last night after I was in bed.  Isn't that always the way.  I think we are in the same ball park because it was Calamine lotion that I meant.  Sounds similar.  They kicker is I had chicken pox at 35.  My son( 5 at the time) decided to share with me.  I had been exposed as a child but I guess I wanted to save that one for later.  That was one of my most ill times as an adult.  I looked life return of the living dead.  I know I use lotion on my spots but I could not remember what it was.  Of course my son was sick for about 1 day and then took the 2 weeks to get rid of the few spots he had.  I went back to work in two weeks but still did not feel that great.  What really ticked my off was that working in a hospital I developed a really strong immune system so I was shocked when the chicken pox got me.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.