Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Need advice...please

Just a quick question. I have not been able to eat. I am never hungry. When I force myself to eat I get extremely nauseous and feel worse than I did to begin with. I have gone 2 days without eating before, and still not hungry. I am starting to really lose alot of weight in all areas except my tummy. Thanks. Erika
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you have a minimal or no appetite, and you also want to stop eating soon after you start -- you feel full quickly, then that is a sign that you really do need to go visit your gynecologist.  Especially that you are losing weight but not in your abdomen area. Don't be shy or hesitant. I don't want to scare you, but take care of your self and go to the doctor. Get an appointment right away -- don't accept a delay from the office staff! Good luck, and take care of yourself!
Helpful - 0
I had the same experience when I had my cyst. I had virtially no appietete at all. I would have a couple of mouthfuls and I just wasn't hungry. I put it down to the fact that my cyst (35cm) was taking up all my room that I had no room for anything else! (Which was quite a pain over xmas!) I'm not really sure why I was put off food, if it does get serious I would say you should ask your doctor for infomation and if it is quite common. x
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.