Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

WHAT DOES A SLOW GROWING OVARIAN TUMOR MEAN

WHAT DOES A SLOW GROWING OVARIAN TUMOR MEAN?
DOES A SLOW OR FAST GROWING ONE MEAN CANCER?
WHICH ONE IS MORE LIKELY TO BE CANCER?
MINE HAS GROWED 4CM IN 2 1/2 YEARS.  THE LAST 3 MONTHS IT GREW 1/2CM.  I KNOW MOST ARE  NON CANCEROUS....BUT, I'D LIKE TO KNOW.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
140437 tn?1215109742
I have the opposite problem, mine is estimated to have grown 20 cm in 7 months.

I think we are all looking for the small print aren't we. We are like detectives looking for clues and stats and odds ANYTHING to put our poor aching minds at rest. Particularly since the doctors tell us VERY little apart from its probably fine (oh yeah great) My GP - who I visited straight from the hospital said to me " it might be cancer........ but it might not be" yeah cheers for that doc very illuminating LOL!

If you have had it for 2 and a half years I would say it is highly unlikely to be cancer though. They are clearly monitoring the cyst to asses its behaviour over time.

Try not to worry (another cliche) very few cysts turn out to be anything nasty (another cliche)

All my thoughts

Anna x
Helpful - 0
135691 tn?1271097123
It doesn't really matter if a growth is slow or fast growing - both can be cancer. I have a very slow growing type of Ovarian cancer - it was considered to be non-aggressive.
Helpful - 0
THANK YOU FOLKS..FOR THE IMPUT....
Helpful - 0
HEY TYBEAR...
PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT YOUR SITUATION...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.