Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
139126 tn?1255036991

Menopause and ovarian cysts

I am 52 years old and was told 2 years ago, when I had my last period, that I was in menopause.   I recently (5/22) had a 3.5cm ovarian cyst removed along with a D&C.  I was told that this cyst could have been here for years.  I had some spotting for about 10 days.  Last night I started to bleed a little more heavily; nothing really bad; more like a light period.  I will see my Doctor today but I had read that sometimes ovarian cysts can wreck havoc on your hormones.  Is it possible that the cyst caused my menopausal symptoms?  Has this happened to anybody else?  I'm not too concerned about the bleeding because it's not heavy but I also have what feels like menstrual cramps. Weird!  Thank you for any feedback.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Cysts can definitely cause spotting. They screw your hormones up. Mine also caused,  or exacerbated terrible hot flashes. Once it was removed, things improved.

Linda J
Helpful - 0
I am not sure on your questions, but Mary53 is our "expert" on hormones and menopause.  Hopefully she will be along soon to give you some advice.  I'll be praying for you.  Kasie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.