Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

surgery on wed......excited and nervous

hello everyone, big red here, went for my pre-op yest. and we are good to go for wed. i'm ready to get my mini-me removed, cause the pain is really getting aggrivating, but at the same time this is surgery. my parents are coming down for the surgery to help my husband and me post-op. i'm sure i'll get more nervous as time goes by, but my husband has been wonderful about keeping us busy and spending time with our friends and each other so i'm not just sitting and thinking. i'll let you guys know what the verdict is when i get home. they are only talking about an overnight stay if things goes as planned. so i should be home thursday sometime. thank you all so very much for just being here. take care and God bless all of you and i'll be looking forward to tell all of you that I AM A MEMBER OF THE 99% CLUB. we'll know for sure after wed.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i thing the 'your eyes' statement is hilarious!!!!! you want to hear another one? i actually told my husband if it is cancer and if i loose my hair my hair from treatment, i would want some wigs to wear and to think about it...he could come home to a red head one, a blond the next night and a brunette the night after. hey..times like this, sometimes sick humor is the best way to deal with things. i'm all for laughing and smiling no matter what. thanks for all your prayers and words of encouragement. i'll keep you posted on what happens this week. take care and God bless each and every one of you.
Helpful - 0
140437 tn?1215109742
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!! (crying laughing)

I dont know where the hell id be without this forum - probably sat in the corner with a blanket and fingerless mitens lots of cats jumping around and half a bottle of scotch. Rocking backwards and forwards in a chair muttering!

God bless you all

Anna x
Helpful - 0

I also found your 'eyes' comment very funny. However, I think I'd have said, 'It's got your teeth.' Hmm, anyway.

I actually asked my doctor (it WAS a joke, not to fear) to give me mine in a bottle so I could scare my students with it. You know, 'If anyone fails to turn in his paper by the due date, he'll have to kiss up to The Mucky Slime Ball.' My husband thought it was hilarious; the surgeon merely looked perplexed. I find that people of scientific bent often lack in the humor department.

Anyway, tell your husband it has his teeth and his mustache. He'll love you for it!
Helpful - 0
Anna-marie74.  I don't think the "your eyes" comment would have been in bad taste.  It got me chuckling.  You've got to know that health care workers have a rather warped sense of humour.  I guess it is a means of dealing with some of things we see and the stress.  I know my son says it is  thanks to me that he has an off beat sense of humour.  I think the tech would have gotten a good laugh out of it.  If they didn't they need to lightnen up.
Helpful - 0
140437 tn?1215109742
I know exactly how you feel. My surgery isn't until july 3rd but it is a mixture of fear and excitment because either way the horrible lurking hairy toothy thang will be no more. What cracked me up is my radiologist called it mr cyst, I thought yeah give it a name why dont you. I was tempted to turn around to my husband during the ultrasound and say 'oooo its got your eyes' but thought better of it. Bad taste even for me <g>

Good luck darling all my prayers

Anna x

Helpful - 0
Hey kid...thanks for checking in....the anticipation of finally getting the mimi-you out sounds like a mixture of excitement and dread....the excitement because the misery will be in your past and the dread because of the yet unknown....it is great for you to have a husband who is so well tuned in he knows how to help....and, it is great your folks are comming....you couldn't ask for more support for you and your husband! Evidently all is under control..good for you...we will wait to hear from you afterwards.
Peace.
dian
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.